Page 73 of 145 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I found the picture and actually posted it but then had second thoughts - it's clearly a new publicity photo and prominently features Gill and Deacon as members of the band not temporary family and friends helping out. Let me know if you want me to post, it is your call.
    Hi Dawn, you can post the picture. Thank You.

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Hi Dawn, you can post the picture. Thank You.
    Hi NKIT ok, let me know if this isn't the one you had in mind.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Hi NKIT ok, let me know if this isn't the one you had in mind.

Yep - that's it. Thanks again. I see Deacon is holding Old Black. Is it me or does Vince look more like a rocker than a country artist in this picture.

Stuck on the Border

Schmit never used to pose in such a truculent, arms folded, manner before & Henley's body language is also very telling.

As this is the only place I can say so, I object very strongly to being labelled a 'hater' in another thread. I am not a 'hater'. I am someone who remembers the Eagles as they were, with Glenn Frey, not this excuse for them. I see people elsewhere saying they don't dare to post anything & so on. As far as I am concerned they can post all they like. Nobody is stopping them. They should realise however that there is another side to this.

And if even this is too inflammatory, I will delete it, but I repeat... I cannot stop this tour, and I cannot stop people who agree with it. I hope that's clear.
    Last edited by Freypower; 03-15-2018 at 06:39 PM.

People calling us haters of the Eagles are the people who want everyone unhappy with this to shut up. They're using name calling to try to make that happen.

I have reassured people repeatedly that they can post about the shows if they want. If they still say that they aren't able to, then what they are saying is that they will not feel able to post until there is no one who expresses discontent anywhere on the board. I'm sorry that they are uncomfortable, but frankly, I think they are being unreasonable by expecting others to be quiet so they can feel better about posting. Certainly, complaining will not help because it will only make others feel attacked.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Yep - that's it. Thanks again. I see Deacon is holding Old Black. Is it me or does Vince look more like a rocker than a country artist in this picture.
    Don's stance immediately reminded me of this:

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Post Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

RE: Hater Labeling

Well said there is absolutely NO reason why fans who want to see the band can not post about it nor share their enthusiasm with other like minded fans. They clearly know this. They also know or should know that no one is forcing them to stick around if they don't like the rules especially since several of them do post on other Eagles fan sites and social media sites (e.g. instagram, FB) across the Internet. Calling non supporters "haters" serves no purpose other than to make themselves look foolish for not having the good sense or grace to know when it's time to pick up their marbles and go home ... meaning find another social media or group to join whose rules they can abide by.

For those who may be wondering.

"I think we all simply wanted to return to the mothership," - Don Henley c. 2007

There is nothing wrong with the 3.0 thread or the need for it. What's wrong is some people apparently can't accept the fact there is a serious difference of opinion among fans on the legitimacy of this venture and actually think the 3.0 thread should not even exist anymore. Wow.

Stuck on the Border

I didn't know there's STILL a huge battle between "us and them".