Page 66 of 145 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

There is no way Glenn would have wanted them to go on without him. What's going on now is NOT legitimate. I'm a big believer in doing something right or not doing it at all. These half@ss attempts people put out now are really irritating to me. Give it your all with the best you can offer, or don't do it. Don't just put something mediocre together out of desperation or what-have-you. Either do it right or don't bother. It drives me nuts how many don't give their all but yet except the same respect, recognition, and frankly, reward ($$$$) for doing the least amount they can get away with. Soda says it best - integrity. And ethics.

Those interviews with Glenn say it all, really. It's just wrong.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Default Re: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Dreamer, love the Swedish interview, I watched it earlier and agree with Glenn about the importance of having variety in one's life. He loved making records but had discovered there is more to life and was not afraid to "wade in" and try new things (eg acting). As always Glenn's good natured humor shines through and I literally cracked up when he talked about how cutting his hair allowed him to infilterate a few better parties!

Vintage Glenn, bless his heart.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    There is no way Glenn would have wanted them to go on without him. What's going on now is NOT legitimate. I'm a big believer in doing something right or not doing it at all. These half@ss attempts people put out now are really irritating to me. Give it your all with the best you can offer, or don't do it. Don't just put something mediocre together out of desperation or what-have-you. Either do it right or don't bother. It drives me nuts how many don't give their all but yet except the same respect, recognition, and frankly, reward ($$$$) for doing the least amount they can get away with. Soda says it best - integrity. And ethics.

Those interviews with Glenn say it all, really. It's just wrong.
    I could not agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    This is particularly devastating to the logic that has been proffered for continuing the Eagles without Glenn:

He says "I'm not the kind of person that wants to keep an 18-year-old kid in Holland from seeing the Eagles 'cause he's never seen them but he likes our music - I felt there was definitely was a need - people wanted us there. "

Sounds familiar. So why did he still say no? Because he explains that alone wasn't enough. He wanted them to work together, to write together, to be a real band. "It had to be legitimate." Why wasn't it legitimate? "The sad truth of the matter was Don Henley and I could not get together artistically and personally."

He wraps it up with the most damning statement of all: "It appeared to me that, except for the money, there wasn't much there for me."

Amen, Glenn. So says a man with integrity.
    So true.

Quote Originally Posted by I've always been a dreamer
    And it made me think of this statement from Don to the L.A. Times last year that I posted recently. The contrast is stark and reminds me of why this comment gets under my skin so much everytime I read it ...
    Don Henley: "People want to hear these songs played live, by the band that recorded them – and not by a tribute band." Henley said. “God knows there are enough of those. And even though it’s not exactly the same band – they want to hear the songs. I think we’re doing it in a highly ethical manner that I think Glenn would approve of."
    Don's claim that the current version of the band is the band that recorded these songs even though it's not exactly the same is just simply absurd. I always believed that the claim of legitimacy was valid with the two original members who wrote and sang most of the band's popular and successful songs. This current version includes only one member that recorded 2/3's of the band's catalog and current set list. Really Don - this is your idea of what legitimate and ethical means ???
    Yep - as I've said, this is "Three guys who used to be Eagles playing with Glenn's son, Vince Gill, and a dozen supporting players to fill in all the holes." Vince Gill sang on "Common Thread: A Tribute to the Eagles" and now that's what's touring. They're their own tribute band.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Off-topic, but...I'd never seen that interview before. I've always loved Glenn's way of laughing at himself. That bit about capitalizing on the global warming - and that people feel better about it if they buy this Glenn Frey album - was ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS.
    Last edited by chaim; 01-29-2018 at 10:12 AM.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, and there you have it! That pretty much says it all as for Glenn's opinion back then.

I guess he did finally change his mind though....

Thanks for that, Dawn!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Desperado

It seems there was a total about face from Glenn between 1992 and 1994.
    He talked about the possible 1990 resumption, and mentioned that all there was for him was the money there. Did the money become enough in 1994?
    Did something happen in his life to change his mind?
    He mentioned that him and Henley had to get together and write 3 new songs to go into a repackaged Greatest Hits collection. This didn't happen, only 1 song, on HFO.
    I would be very interested to see if there are any interviews or a progression of interviews where he is changing his mind.

Also, this has got things rattling around in my head, and I don't know if it's ever been discussed.
    Why are there no Glenn Frey interviews on the HFO DVD? Was Glenn waffling even then on getting back together?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I would tend to agree with this, although there are plenty of folks who seem to have changed their mind about this with no explanation. Just because, I guess.

And I loved your post, HB. I very much remember the days of all the scrambling for tickets madness whenever new shows were announced. It was crazy and I'm so grateful for all those shows I was able to see. It makes me happy and sad at the same time whenever I think about it. And, I'll be glad to have a beer with you anytime.
    I loved those days too and trying to liaise with my Border friends through a 5 hr or more time difference. It was fun, exciting, adrenaline pumping.... I miss it now :crying:. Glenn made the difference.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    It seems there was a total about face from Glenn between 1992 and 1994.
    He talked about the possible 1990 resumption, and mentioned that all there was for him was the money there. Did the money become enough in 1994?
    Did something happen in his life to change his mind?
    He mentioned that him and Henley had to get together and write 3 new songs to go into a repackaged Greatest Hits collection. This didn't happen, only 1 song, on HFO.
    I would be very interested to see if there are any interviews or a progression of interviews where he is changing his mind.

Also, this has got things rattling around in my head, and I don't know if it's ever been discussed.
    Why are there no Glenn Frey interviews on the HFO DVD? Was Glenn waffling even then on getting back together?
    He was ill when the HFO dvd was being made, he had collapsed on stage one night
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP