Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Classic Northwest Seattle - Sept. 30, 2017

Default Re: Classic Northwest Seattle - Sept. 30, 2017

Thanks for sharing the blog link - Debbie got some great photos! Love the close-up one of Don smiling. And Deacon looks great, of course.

NKIT, I agree with you - I don't think the beard is a good look for Tim - he usually looks so youthful!

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Thanks for sharing the impressions, the videos (most of which are still up - fortunately) and the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    You’re welcome everyone.

I hope so as well. In the blog posted above, the writer mentions how happy Don is on stage these days. He seems to be in a good place. And thinking of his new grandson must bring a smile to his face, too.

eagles557, your review and picture are much appreciated. It sounds like you really enjoyed yourself.

That was a great blog, MaryCalifornia, thank you for sharing.
    Its funny that writer picked up on don being happier because my first impression of the videos was that Don was much more chatty and easy going. At the classic east he didn't really say much. The obvious stuff about Glenn, a tiny bit of info about some songs but that was it. It was nice to see him dedicate TITTL to Randy and I liked how he gave a shoutout to JD in best of my love. His tone even seemed happier. I wonder what caused this to happen, maybe just have emotionally gotten to a better place?

From watching the videos from this show compared to Classic West, you can tell all the guys are definitely looser and more relaxed. I think it was hard for them to do the first show without Glenn, to see if they could even do it. You can tell Deacon is more at ease as well.

I love how close Deacon seems to be with the guys especially Don. They really do seem like his uncles, checking to make sure he's doing okay. I really liked the little hug Don gave him at the end of Life in the Fast Lane.

I agree that they were probably nervous and uncertain at their first show without Glenn, not to mention a whole new dynamic with 2 new guys. Once they realized the sky wasn’t going to fall on them, it’s become much easier. Also, they probably did not know what to expect in terms of audience response. Since it has been overwhelmingly positive, it’s no doubt been a load off their minds and they can just enjoy performing. Maybe Don wasn’t sure he could pull it off as the sole leader. Now he knows.

Btw, here’s Life in the Fast Lane, with the moment at the end where Don and Joe hug Deacon. So sweet!

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kg6bj4aaKM[/ame]

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That is so sweet with the hug and thanks everyone for all the vids.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I agree that they were probably nervous and uncertain at their first show without Glenn, not to mention a whole new dynamic with 2 new guys. Once they realized the sky wasn’t going to fall on them, it’s become much easier. Also, they probably did not know what to expect in terms of audience response. Since it has been overwhelmingly positive, it’s no doubt been a load off their minds and they can just enjoy performing. Maybe Don wasn’t sure he could pull it off as the sole leader. Now he knows.

Btw, here’s Life in the Fast Lane, with the moment at the end where Don and Joe hug Deacon. So sweet!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kg6bj4aaKM
    Well, it has already been blocked! Did there appear to be anything in particular that prompted the hug? Maybe just some spontaneous love!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Yeah, the videos are gone now. Dang it - I wanted to see Timothy's new beard!

I was just watching the video. I was about to watch the other videos and I couldn't see them. Then Life In The Fast Lane was blocked just like that. It was just blocked.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

We waited too long, Shun. And Irving beat us to it