Page 37 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

It was kind of spur of the moment but planning to see Lindsay Ell again tomorrow as she's having her debut album release party here in Columbus!!! My brother is a huge fan of hers and I love her music. She's an up & coming country singer/guitarist and like a mix of Sheryl Crow and Keith Urban. First saw her in concert opening for The Band Perry 3 years ago, then 2 years ago at the fan party she had at CMA Fest in Nashville where there was a meet and greet. The party tomorrow is similar with a meet and greet afterwards and it's at a venue we've been wanting to check out so I'm excited.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I found out last week that The Oak Ridge Boys and The Temptations will be at my state's state fair. I've seen both of them in concert and they put on a great concert. I haven't seen the Oaks in 3 or 4 years and the Temptations its been over 15 years.

Their shows are one day apart. SO I better have my 5 dollars to get in since the concerts at the shows are free with admission into the fair.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Those would both be great, shun! $5?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Its 5 dollars to get into the fair, but the concerts are free to the public. After Katrina happened, they had the concert in the Coliseum and they were charging for 5 dollars to see a concert. So you're basically paying 5 dollars to get into the fair, 5 dollars for the show and 5 dollars to park(if you don't want to park on the street). So it was 15 dollars total for a couple of years. Well if it was only you because its much higher when you bring your children. They went back to not charging for the shows maybe 5 years ago. We do get some good performers every year. I saw Boyz II Men and Travis Tritt last year.

I rarely go to concert unless its close and not that expensive.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Matchbox Twenty - Oct 7th 2017 in Moline, IL.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

I have a long list of upcoming shows. I really seem to have hit the jackpot recently. We saw Steve Hackett last month & I will talk abou that in the Genesis thread (yes, you can tell I'm back, can't you.... )

September 20 - Glenn Hughes

My husband doesn't like the word 'hero' but Hughes is his hero, along with Frank Zappa. He will be doing a show featuring the Deep Purple songs he played on.

October 20 - Justin Hayward

I saw the Moody Blues twice in the 80s & it will be interesting to see Justin on his own.

November 7 - Stevie Nicks & Pretenders

I have a 4th row seat & hosptitality package. I last saw Stevie in 2011 & the Pretenders back in the late 80s.

December 11 & 12 - Paul McCartney

This is the big one. I have a 2nd row seat on the second night. I haven't seen him since 1992.

January 4 - Led Zeppelin Masters

Tribute act, obviously at the Opera House with a 30 piece orchestra

January 27 - The Musical Box

This world renowned Genesis tribute act are coming here for the first time featuring Selling England By The Pound. Front row.

February 21 - Queen & Adam Lambert

February 23 - Dweezil Zappa

This will be our third time seeing Dweezil playing whatever the f*k he wants. Second row.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Fp, looks like you are in for some fun times!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

FP, have fun at Paul! 2nd row?!?! How did you manage to score those? I can't afford it but every time I check they seem to be sold out already!

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Wow that's awesome FP and have a great time at all!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by TW View Post
    FP, have fun at Paul! 2nd row?!?! How did you manage to score those? I can't afford it but every time I check they seem to be sold out already!
    Luck. I made sure I was online when the presale started, decided I wanted an expensive ticket, and fortunately the wait was short.

There were even more expensive offers, including going to soundcheck, but I thought two shows instead of one would more than compensate for that.