Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bernie Leadon in the Press - Retro Edition!

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Bernie Leadon in the Press - Retro Edition!

"If it's not your band, it's a little like signing up for a stint in the military," he says with chuckle. "Your orders appear in the mail; you're ordered to Des Moines."
    I liked that. My guess is that's how he views the HotE tour. Also, I was surprised to learn he was in the army.

I wish he would give an in depth interview now. There are lots of small parts of video and written interviews with him and he seems to have a detachment and perspective that make them worthwhile. I'd trust his accounts over any of the other former and current band members.

BTW, Felder does mention the estrangement in his book, but with quite a different spin.

Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

Yeah, I had no idea he had a stint in the military either. He has always had such a great attitude towards his whole stint in the Eagles, remembering the good times over the bad. The way he accepted the fact that he wasn't invited back for the '94 reunion in stride and never harbored bitterness or resentment towards any of the guys. He even had the good grace to attend that tour and visit with them backstage as recounted in Felder's book. As a fan, having him back on stage with the Eagles is such a delight, it really brings the band full circle.
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...

Stuck on the Border

I agree with all of that. Bernie being on the tour is what gave me the extra incentive to see them. Now if he would sing Bitter Creek, it would be perfect.