Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2018 North American Tour

Default Re: 2018 North American Tour

Yes, thanks Delilah, it is a nice review. Gotta love Joe!! Can't wait to see them in 2 months!

This article is a preview of tomorrow’s concert in Orlando, the first one to feature Jimmy Buffett as the opening act. The writer compares and contrasts the two acts and at the end references the Broadway project about the Hotel California album.

”Eagles, Buffett: 2 coasts, 1 attitude” by Trevor Fraser, Orlando Sentinel, April 12, 2018

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Eagles at Hard Rock Stadium with Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers, Miami Fl, Apr. 21, 2018

A couple of videos from last night’s concert.

Ol’ 55 - seems kind of lackluster IMO; Don and Joe look bored. Vince has been growing a beard.
    [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9gUEk7r4UjU[/ame]

Peaceful Easy Feeling - Deacon says “this is amazing for me, I have so much fun every night doing this, it’s a dream come true.” He also gives a shout-out to family and friends affected by the storms in Hawaii.
    [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PJCKEeF13ak[/ame]

I love the shout out to Glenn and his old car Gladys. I couldn't understand why he brought up Gladys.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I love the shout out to Glenn and his old car Gladys. I couldn't understand why he brought up Gladys.
    Yes, the shout-out was cool. Gladys was a ‘55 Chevy so it related to the song.

A couple more from last night’s concert. One of These Nights is already blocked.

Tequila Sunrise
    [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F2HwPCdKFGY[/ame]

Witchy Woman
    [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d-YqXSjlVX0[/ame]

The band members are probably happy to get a break for the next several days. They seem a bit tired.

I had listen to the video clip again to see what was Don talking about before he brought up Glenn and Gladys and he was talking about a lot of people owning antique cars. (I guess Don did his homework. LOL) I guess he dedicated the song Ol' 55 to Glenn and Gladys which was sweet.

Vince grows a beard from time to time. Around 1995, he had a goatee and shaved his hair off(well more like a buzz cut). I didn't like that look and I really don't like the beard. I want to see his clean shaving face. He might be shaved off when they go back on stage in a week and a half.

It seems like everybody have facial hair except Joe which I really hope he doesn't grow that mustache again.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-23-2018 at 09:52 AM.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Desperado

Vince is also a die-hard Nashville Predators fan who has been a season ticket holder since they began. This is probably his playoff beard.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Vince grows a beard from time to time. Around 1995, he had a goatee and shaved his hair off(well more like a buzz cut). I didn't like that look and I really don't like the beard. I want to see his clean shaving face. He might be shaved off when they go back on stage in a week and a half.

It seems like everybody have facial hair except Joe which I really hope he doesn't grow that mustache again.

Out on the Border

For all those that went to Hard Rock in Miami hope you had better sound than we did in section 235, the sound crue should be fired. We couldn't even understand Jimmy Buffet lyrics and the Eagles should not go back to this venue. I won't be and I advise others to do some due diligence on this place.

Sorry to hear about the sound issues, shack87. There are some videos I posted from the show you may want to check out.

Meanwhile, here’s a review about last week’s concert in Birmingham. The reviewer said Vince sang “beautifully”, Deacon “sounded flawless” and that “to say that this was a stellar show is an understatement.”

http://www.whenitwascool.com/the-eag...rt-review-2018

Apparently not every band member is taking a break—Vince had a gig at the Opry last night and has one tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Sorry to hear about the sound issues, shack87. There are some videos I posted from the show you may want to check out.

Meanwhile, here’s a review about last week’s concert in Birmingham. The reviewer said Vince sang “beautifully”, Deacon “sounded flawless” and that “to say that this was a stellar show is an understatement.”

http://www.whenitwascool.com/the-eag...rt-review-2018

Apparently not every band member is taking a break—Vince had a gig at the Opry last night and has one tonight.
    Yeah. The Opry announced that on their facebook page last month. He had a gig at the Opry when the guys were off last month and then two this weekend. I forgot it was this weekend. Vince is a faithful Opry member and he's going to try to do a show when the Eagles are off. I probably listen to it online.

Vince has a few solo shows when the guys are on break.