Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Discussion about Glenn's new album "After Hours"

Default Re: Album Release Date and After Hours Website With Interview and Album Discussion!!

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Hey, all, I'm running out the door and don't have time to figure out where the interview is. I just got a reply to my email about Glenn's interview on the Paul Shaffer Rock Hall Spectacular... Here's the email, enjoy...

Verna,

Laura passed your request on to me.

We just put up a stream of the whole special. Glenn’s interview is in the first hour.

Enjoy!

http://envisionradio.com/streams/pss12/pss12.html

Thank you so much VA!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Album Release Date and After Hours Website With Interview and Album Discussion!!

Cool, thanks for the link! I like already the first seconds, Genesis at the beginning of a Glenn Frey interview, great!!!!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    'Is it like After Dark? Will people want to get naked to it - I've got naked talking to you' says Paul!!!
    OK, I just re-listened to this - this whole exchange cracks me up:

Paul: Is it anything like Cinemax's 'After Dark' where the lights come down - everybody takes their clothes off? Is that the type of music you're putting out with this?
    Glenn: I'm hoping...uh...That would be a fulfilling... uh....
    Paul: That's what you had in mind! Because that's the vibe I got. I'm naked now....Just talking to you, I've gotten naked.
    Glenn: Well, I am, too.

LOL!!!

Glenn, don't mess with us like that!

You could tell that question caught him off guard. Nice work, Paul. lol

I like his answer that what meant the most to him over the past 40 years as an Eagle was all the "firsts" - like the first time they played a stadium, the first time they played with an orchestra... it was such a genuine response.

Perhaps that's part of the reason that they're playing places they've never been before.... more "firsts."

Thank you, Glenn, for reminding Paul that Fleetwood Mac was also inducted with the Eagles into the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame on that same night. (After Paul claimed he "remembered clearly" who was there and didn't name them. SERIOUSLY, PAUL?!)

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Thanks, VA! I've said it before and I'll say it again -- You are on the ball, sister. Good detective work!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    OK, I just re-listened to this - this whole exchange cracks me up:

Paul: Is it anything like Cinemax's 'After Dark' where the lights come down - everybody takes their clothes off? Is that the type of music you're putting out with this?
    Glenn: I'm hoping...uh...That would be a fulfilling... uh....
    Paul: That's what you had in mind! Because that's the vibe I got. I'm naked now....Just talking to you, I've gotten naked.
    Glenn: Well, I am, too.

LOL!!!

Glenn, don't mess with us like that!

You could tell that question caught him off guard. Nice work, Paul. lol

I like his answer that what meant the most to him over the past 40 years as an Eagle was all the "firsts" - like the first time they played a stadium, the first time they played with an orchestra... it was such a genuine response.

Perhaps that's part of the reason that they're playing places they've never been before.... more "firsts."

Thank you, Glenn, for reminding Paul that Fleetwood Mac was also inducted with the Eagles into the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame on that same night. (After Paul claimed he "remembered clearly" who was there and didn't name them. SERIOUSLY, PAUL?!)
    I wasn't sure if I should attempt to 'summarise' the 'naked' part!!!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

OMG - that was FUN to listen to. Thanks for your tenacity in getting that for us, VA. I hope there's a way to save this so we'll have it for posterity!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    OMG - that was FUN to listen to. Thanks for your tenacity in getting that for us, VA. I hope there's a way to save this so we'll have it for posterity!
    I was able to download it.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Hey, all, I'm running out the door and don't have time to figure out where the interview is. I just got a reply to my email about Glenn's interview on the Paul Shaffer Rock Hall Spectacular... Here's the email, enjoy...

Verna,

Laura passed your request on to me.

We just put up a stream of the whole special. Glenn’s interview is in the first hour.

Enjoy!

http://envisionradio.com/streams/pss12/pss12.html
    Just listened to that interview. Wow, he's such a sweetheart! I was struck by how humble he is even though he's a star in his own right.

I was also excited to hear what he might be playing when I see him live next month. I was worried that he'd drop Heartache Tonight and some of my other favorites to make room for the new stuff. Not that the new stuff isn't good, of course. It's just not HT.

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post
    Just listened to that interview. Wow, he's such a sweetheart! I was struck by how humble he is even though he's a star in his own right.

I was also excited to hear what he might be playing when I see him live next month. I was worried that he'd drop Heartache Tonight and some of my other favorites to make room for the new stuff. Not that the new stuff isn't good, of course. It's just not HT.
    Love his humility too!

It sounds like the set list will be very much like what we heard when we saw him in Niagara Falls. On the 2nd night he changed it slightly from the previous show. Both were great! And he did HT both nights!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Windeagle View Post

It depends how you feel about it. He can't drop HT. Much as I love it though, I'm really looking forward to him doing a couple more of the new songs he didn't do at Niagara Falls.