Page 93 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Soda, will Stevie tour with FM?
    Yes. She's happy to tour with Fleetwood Mac (and earn a truckload of money). It's just making an album she balks at.

Here's an interview with her from December where she states just that (at the time, Buckingham McVie had not yet been announced):

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-...ew-fleetw.html

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I am definitely looking forward to the Buckingham McVie album.

If they can't attribute the album to Fleetwood Mac for some reasons, could they call themselves Meetwood Flack?

Tango in the Night song demo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KxFUtk3UWU

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Drums are HUGE on this! Thwack! Very cool song.

Lindsey was into experimenting as a female voice at the time, wasn't he. I wonder if it was to keep Chris and Stevie on their toes.

I think it was at least, in part, to make up for Stevie not being in the studio very much at the time. She was recovering from a stint at the Betty Ford Center.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think it was at least, in part, to make up for Stevie not being in the studio very much at the time. She was recovering from a stint at the Betty Ford Center.
    Recovering from recovery?

Just had to say that!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Just saw the new Marvel movie "Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2" is using "The Chain" in their latest trailer!!! The first movie had a great 70s music soundtrack and they've been promising the sequel will have even more popular late 70s/early 80s music. I know the cartoon set between the 2 films used Joe's solo & James Gang songs so I've been wondering if they might use an Eagles song too, and now even more so since they got a Fleetwood Mac song. Plus, it's great timing too with the "Rumours" album turning 40 yesterday.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

It's funny to hear that they used The Chain, because from a British perspective it probably has a different meaning from elsewhere. Although The Chain is widely recognised as a Fleetwood Mac song in the UK (and to me, it's the most important track on the Rumours album), the song is synonymous with Formula One motor racing and is generally considered the definitive F1 theme. The bit they use starts from about 3:01 into the track IIRC.

When the BBC started to show full coverage of F1 in the late 1970s, only a couple of years or so after the song was released, they wanted a song that would fit the sport well and decided on The Chain. I've read that the thinking was that the combination of the build of tension with the bass riff followed by the explosive burst of guitar sounded just like the cars accelerating at the start of a grand prix. It worked absolutely perfectly and the BBC used it for many, many years. When the coverage moved to ITV in the late 1990s they dropped it, and I think they used about four different themes (changing every 3 years or so) over the dozen years they had the rights. None of these songs were as good or as fitting as The Chain. When the BBC got the F1 coverage back in 2009, one of the first things they did was bring it back. Over 30 years later, it still sounded so right!

Here's an example of one of the BBC F1 intros that featured The Chain, this one is from 1996 I think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6LvjYaeFfc

The most recent BBC intro from 2015:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPbkXUi2J0I

I could post lots of videos like this to compare the different intros to the F1 programme and the different themes used by ITV and Sky Sports. But nothing beats Fleetwood Mac!

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's cool JCL!!! Didn't know they used that for F1. The Marvel trailer is using around the same part of the song too. Here's the link to the trailer (which I realize I didn't post yesterday LOL):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaLNiC-bKHQ
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

"The Chain" is such an amazing song with such an energy, a dramatic buildup... I'm not surprised it's been chosen for soundtracks (although I didn't realize it had such a history in the UK). It's one of my fave songs. I'll look out for that trailer!