Page 45 of 148 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Hey Brooke, thanks for letting us know you got in! Although I would have loved to see if you got better seats by waiting (easy for me to say, huh?) I can't blame you for wanting to get out of the cold. At least now you know you can do it!

So glad you enjoyed the show, even if you had to look through people. I saw them at the University of IL a few years ago and although our seats were in the middle tier, I had a good time. Little did I know that Soda was at the same show standing at the stage! (I hadn't joined the board yet.)

Looking forward to hearing more about it.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Ah yes, Lindsey threw me his sweaty towel at that show. Fun times!

It's a shame you didn't get a better seat but I'm glad you had a good time anyway. Wish I could've gone with you!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Brooke - Glad to hear you made it in!
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Hey Brooke, glad you had fun over there. Can't wait for the review!!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Finally got to read this thread about your show Soda, and yours pfd! That would have been so cool to have gotten such wonderful seats and get to go up to the stage! And Soda, your autograph......wow!

All in all we had a great evening! They played every song I wanted to hear and I loved the videos/lighting that went with the songs. Very cool backgrounds. Chicago was really in to it and loved every minute and everyone stood most of the show! Absolutely loved the setlist. We got Without You, Sad Angel and Sisters of the Moon, none of which I had heard before that I recall although we have the Buckingham Nicks album (which tanked-Stevie's words lol) so I guess I heard it back in the day! Stevie dedicated Landslide to a little girl from Chicago who had told someone to 'just be like Stevie' and how that had really touched her and meant a lot to her. Stevie and Lindsey talked to the crowd a lot and I really enjoyed hearing their stories.

No sunglasses thankfully! Stevie did several wardrobe changes, or skirt and shawl changes, maybe! She looked beautiful, as usual! Lindsey looked hot in jeans, black shirt and black leather jacket.

One think that struck me was how gracious they all were. They thanked the crowd after every song and just seemed very genuine and appreciative and Lindsey just almost acted dumbfounded at the applause and screaming. You could just tell they were sincere!

All in all we really enjoyed it even after the hassle of not knowing where in the world we would be sitting till the last minute. I nearly bought tickets at 3:00 from ticketsnow or something like that. Then they told me I would have to pick them up 'near' the venue. I figured they would be etickets but I called them and no, I had to pick up. I just couldn't deal with that and getting a cab there and then to the venue and they were twice the price of face value. They were supposedly going to be guaranteed and certified and safe, but still. I will definitely try to get tickets earlier next time around. It was just too stressful going without. Maybe if you were just one person, but for two...not worth it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks for checking in, Brooke. Loved your write-up, especially the part where you said how gracious they seemed. I like it when people add little things like that to their review. It makes it more personal.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

sounds like a great time was had and that makes me happy

Brooke, so glad you got in & had a great time. I would be too stressed out to go without any tickets! That was gutsy!

At least you didn't have to pay those nasty scalpers!!! Hate them! Sounds like it was a great show & they were happy to be there too!

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Brooke, I'm so glad that you had a great time. It's too cool that they are super humble like that. That review is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Phew!!!! I thought about you several times Saturday and hoped you'd get lucky once you were there. Glad you got to hear all the songs you wanted and saw a great show!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low