Page 99 of 148 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Banned

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

These songs sound great!;

The Making of the Album… Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie (17:06min)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxVsqngf9yE

Thanks for sharing, Funk50! I enjoyed looking at the behind the scenes of this soon to be released album. I wished that they didn't play the songs in this, since I would rather have heard the raw vocals. I'm guessing that it doesn't sound altered or produced right from the mic, so I wish that they didn't do that for this video.

Here's a link from NPR to stream the whole album.

http://www.npr.org/2017/06/01/530271...ntent=20170505

Love Is Here to Stay is my favorite so far, and I hope he plays it live for the concerts.

EDIT: I haven't listened to the Christine-led songs yet. I will get to them, but I wanted to hear Lindsey's songs first.
    Last edited by RudieCantFail; 06-01-2017 at 07:35 PM.

How awesome was that?!?! Thanks, TW!!

Hey, TW, is that you in the crowd there with the long red hair? Hmmm??

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    Hey, TW, is that you in the crowd there with the long red hair? Hmmm??
    I wish!! Lol

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

That was cool!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Love it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I like this June 15 article; LB talks about their creative chemistry and Chris sheds a bit of light on her long absence from music:
    https://www.yahoo.com/music/lindsey-...141313084.html

I really like the Buckingham McVie album, especially "In My World" and "Too Far Gone", both of which are great live. On Christine's songs especially, I wonder what they would have sounded like with that missing third harmony... oh well.

The shows were cool because it gave me a chance to really focus on Christine - both times, my seats were close to her to the point where her keyboard blocked Lindsey. She was really energetic and cute in Detroit - it was fantastic! In Chicago the next next, she seemed a lot more nervous - perhaps because the Fox Theater in Detroit is small and intimate and the Huntington in Chicago is a lot bigger. Lindsey was his usual manic self at both.

Lindsey was fantastic and Christine is definitely still getting used to being "out there" more, but the shows were good. Still, their setlist was really surprising - 8 new songs, no solo songs from Chris, a few solo from Lindsey, and astonishingly they didn't play Don't Stop, World Turning, or Big Love. Lindsey didn't play Go Insane. I was amazed and a bit disappointed. Then again, many of the FM songs they did play (Hold Me, Little Lies, You Make Lovin' Fun) sounded undercooked, so maybe that's why the former were left out.

I'm glad I went and I recommend the show, BUT I can't wait for Fleetwood Mac to get back on the road in 2018. Now THAT is a concert.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks for sharing your concert experience, Soda! I'm glad that you enjoyed it!

I think they've worked out the kinks, since the videos of the first shows don't sound as good as the ones more recently, like the shows that you attended. It could also be the quality of the posters' equipment. I watched a concert video of "Hold Me," and I thought that it sounded pretty good. Like, I'm glad that Lindsey didn't try to sing it too high. Videos don't do it justice, so I can't wait for the Vegas show!

I've seen videos of "Little Lies" and the missing 3rd harmony is noticeable.

Here's an interview from Variety Magazine where Christine says that the larger shows are "less nerve wracking." Lindsey also says that he's planning on having another solo album in January 2018. I hope there's a tour for that.
    http://variety.com/2017/music/news/l...ew-1202467048/