Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 2nd CD is out on Amazon

Default My 2nd CD is out on Amazon

I write instrumentals.. I play all the instruments myself - drums, guitar, piano, bass, other percussion, keyboards, etc.. I produce everything myself. I don't use a computer, just a microphone - I even have a built-in burner in the mixer. Rhythms and melodies from all over the world. If you want to hear things from my 1st CD, you can go on youtube.

I hate putting it out there, especially when you have zero support from friends and family, but I can still imagine, but I'm running out of hope. Don't know what else I can do.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/East-Meets-West-Matt-Selou/dp/B01FRFPVME/[/ame]

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Default Re: My 2nd CD is out on Amazon

Congratulations to you, MSF! Will try to check out your works when I have the time. Here's hoping it's a big seller.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

MSF, very good luck with this. I admire your ability to complete this sort of project.
    Last edited by LuvTim; 05-19-2016 at 10:29 PM.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border

Personally I admire and respect people who take elements from different cultures and merge them into one. I mean REALLY taking elements, not just playing a scale with an augmented 2nd thrown in to have some "Eastern influences".

What does "especially when you have zero support from friends and family" mean? Monetary or emotional support? You mean they don't care at all for what you do?

Seems like I had more "support" when I was playing in random places in Australia, Asia, Europe, etc.. I don't think one family member has ever bought a thing from Amazon - none of my writings, music, photography, etc., but if I was to see one of them by accident, they pretend..

Or at a gig, they like standing with you and saying "This is my talented cousin" - baloney...

My own mother hasn't even asked to listen. I do it for me of course, but I just want others to listen, for feedback, and if someone enjoys a song, that's rewarding.

I remember an ex-girlfriend who I once sent a song too before I published it. She said "I heard this before" - which was impossible, because I just finished it.

I would love to do an experiment. Have Paul McCartney release my music under his name, and see the comments, and vice-versa - have my name on a CD with his music. Allusions..

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Good luck with that, MSF! I hope it's a success for you!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Congratulations and best of luck to you, MortSahlFan.

Will Amazon provide sound samples of your work at some point? I see this with most music for sale on their site.

Thank you guys - this is the most encouragement I've received, and the only comments I've received whether its social media, phone, other music, movie forums I'm a member of. This is actually my newest site, so I'm extra thankful for the words.

As for Amazon, they usually do, they did it last time, but they are pretty dishonest.. The second after I published my book (and other stuff) there were already "Buy Used or New" that undercut me. One day a friend said he purchased it, but I didn't see any money in my account, though I did see some.

I was making a video, syncing the playing with the music, and my cousin took his HD card, and everything was erased... I might just make a blank video of a few songs, I'm just burnt out with no sleep.

Here's a song from the last album.. There's also other stuff on youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BItgJltMUA

Here's a drum solo for drum fans
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH1N_t046Sk

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Congrats MSF and best of luck too!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Border Desperado

Congrats MSF!