Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: KISS

Default Re: KISS

Everybody wants their picture with Glenn!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Another one! Thank you Chaim!

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Bruce Kulick (KISS's lead guitarist from 1984 to mid-90's) was there too, watching the original lineup being inducted.

Aww YEAH!! Thank you Chaim!!

Stuck on the Border

A snippet from a new Paul Stanley interview - talking about a Joel Peresman/Stanley Hall Of Fame dispute:

I saw you tweet a photo of yourself from the night of the induction with Glenn Frey, it looked like you were having fun.

I must say that I had a sense of vindication from the bleachers [laughs], I had a sense of ambivalence from some of the people on the floor. But Glenn was terrific, and the Eagles, you can’t deny that these guys have written the American songbook. So to spend some time with him was cool. Carrie Underwood [was there] — the reach and the breadth of the music [that night] was just terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    A snippet from a new Paul Stanley interview - talking about a Joel Peresman/Stanley Hall Of Fame dispute:

I saw you tweet a photo of yourself from the night of the induction with Glenn Frey, it looked like you were having fun.

I must say that I had a sense of vindication from the bleachers [laughs], I had a sense of ambivalence from some of the people on the floor. But Glenn was terrific, and the Eagles, you can’t deny that these guys have written the American songbook. So to spend some time with him was cool. Carrie Underwood [was there] — the reach and the breadth of the music [that night] was just terrific.
    Interesting!!

I've heard Paul say things not directly mentioning the Eagles but things like "we aren't a band who goes out and sits on stools and playing soft rock and looking bored" or something to that affect. I always assumed he was referring to the Eagles.

Glad to hear Paul praise the band.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Cool! Maybe he spotted Glenn smiling and clapping during KISS' induction, whereas some of the celebs and musicians on the floor looked... well, not so enthusiastic.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Cool! Maybe he spotted Glenn smiling and clapping during KISS' induction, whereas some of the celebs and musicians on the floor looked... well, not so enthusiastic.
    Could be.

I think KISS deserves to be in the HOF, but I'm sure some don't. I mean if you have ABBA and Blondie in there, KISS should be.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Could be.

I think KISS deserves to be in the HOF, but I'm sure some don't. I mean if you have ABBA and Blondie in there, KISS should be.

Agree WF!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for posting that, chaim. I agree that Paul's comment about Glenn is pretty cool. Nice that members of bands that are so diametrically opposite can appreciate each other. Also loved Paul's observation about the Eagles writing the "American songbook".

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Interesting!!

I've heard Paul say things not directly mentioning the Eagles but things like "we aren't a band who goes out and sits on stools and playing soft rock and looking bored" or something to that affect. I always assumed he was referring to the Eagles.

Glad to hear Paul praise the band.
    Paul did mention the Eagles in their X-treme Close Up video. When they are talking about the KISS comics from the 70's, Paul says "You didn't see 'Marvel presents the Eagles'". I like to think of that as a comment referring to KISS's totally different image - not bashing the Eagles.
    It's well known anyway that Paul and Gene listen to all kinds of music. They just like to see more than guys in T-shirts and jeans when they go to a concert. At least they keep saying that, but maybe they say it just to hype KISS...

Paul says it here at 0:50 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-luVcMPAC2w