Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Don will be on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert tonight.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Don will be on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert tonight.

I wouldn't have called the dots on his shirt 'polka dots' at all. Polka dots are larger dots, like a half inch or more in diameter. I would call these more like 'pin dots' and I thought he looked great. The chains could go though.

As far as the song, I don't like the vibrato either. The song would be better without it and I think he over did it. I hope it's not like that on the cd. We'll see!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I thought he looked great in the spotted shirt as well -although I do agree with the chains - they should go!! He's going too far away from his own style with those chains and it doesn't look right on him.

I do love the brown boots that he's wearing lately, they make a nice change to those other boots he always wears, which I think, are older than me

Regarding the song, I listened to it again on the NPR first listen page, and while its still not a favourite, it was better than the Late show version - I think that was just over-done, especially with the Late Show in-house band thrown into the mix......
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah View Post
    Love the fact that Don is actually doing some promo stuff for this album! I kind of figured he'd just release it silently but I've been pleasantly surprised. I have to agree on the chains on the outfit. Every time I caught a glimpse of them, I kept thinking he was wearing his pants hoisted up high. LOL!

I'm undecided on the song. This was the first time I had heard it and I kind of liked the style of it, but as has been mentioned, Don did struggle a bit so I couldn't really decide. He kept doing this falsetto type vibrato that was kind of throwing me off. I'll have to check it out on the cd and then I'm sure I'll love it.

As for the Trump comments....I'd just say two things.... #1. Even though I'm not a Trump fan...I could have done without it. Ironically enough, when he first said the "Donald" comment....I thought perhaps he was talking about himself! #2. I hate political season.

All in all, even though it may not have been his BEST performance, I still thought he did well and looked good! I hope to see him getting out and about more with this album!
    I agree with you 100%. I am not for or against anybody at this point. I was ok with the 1st "Donald" reference but the 2nd reference came off as preachy. Hey everybody is entitled to their opinions.

I love seeing Don on my TV but yeah, I have to agree with Maleah, jms, et al. He was still enjoyable, though!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten