Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25, 2015

Banned

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25,

Don's been giving away albums with concert tickets. Jack Tempchin has posted a link publicising L.A. Tickets being given away with CDs bought at Amoeba Music. While supplies last. Limit 1 ticket per album.

https://www.facebook.com/JackTempchi...54298765049816

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25,

Now THAT is a deal!

Congrats to Don on his album's success!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Then also Niall Horan from One Direction is promoting Don's album on his twitter page. He's got great taste in music and he's getting his fans who are under 20 to listen to Don.

Niall Horan ‏@NiallOfficial Oct 4 Ladies and gents ... My favourite guy of all time Mr.Don Henley has an album out this week that you should get and get it high up the charts

I saw on facebook that Linden have a ribbon cutting ceremony of a billboard of Cass County this Friday at 2:00pm. It'll be located on Hwy 59 in Linden (next to the EZ Mart/Shell station) How cool is that. I will get to see it later this month.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

If anyone is wants to see what the Walmart shirt looks like and the box it came in:

-Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

I received my copy yesterday (as I am not in the US my version has 16 tracks; I would doubt that Target Australia would sell the 18 track version).

Of interest to me & probably nobody else is that on many tracks the bassist is Glenn Worf, Mark Knopfler's bass player. I also took note of the gushing special thanks to Steuart Smith.

Banned

It's difficult to follow The Billboard Charts, in my opinion but Don's Cass County is the number 3 best selling album, plus he's number 1 in 3 of the other album categories they publish.

Here's an article from Vintage Vinyl News
    http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2015...strait-at.html

Veteran artists at the top of other Billboard charts:

Album Sales - Cass County - Don Henley
    Country Albums - Cass County - Don Henley
    Folk Albums - 1989 - Ryan Adams
    Jazz Albums - The Silver Lining: The Music of Jerome Kern - Tony Bennett & Bill Charlap
    Latin Pop Albums - Mexico - Julio Iglesias
    Catalog Albums - The Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
    Tastemaker Albums - Cass County - Don Henley

Outselling George Strait is quite an achievement.

Don Henley has officially won the battle of new country albums with his Cass County debuting at number 3 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums compared to a number 4 start for George Strait's Cold Beer Conversation.

It's an even bigger defeat on the Country Albums where Henley starts at 1 and Strait at 2, breaking George's sixteen year, nine album streak of number 1's. His last set not to make the summit was 1999's Always Never the Same which also went to number 2.
    Looks like 2016 could be a barren year for the Eagles, good news for solo projects.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow! I am surprised Don would outsell George Strait! Amazing!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I was shocked too, Brooke. Heck I'm shocked that George is back since he was suppose to retired. I guess he couldn't stay away too long.

Like Don, George doesn't like to do interviews or even go to awards that much, but Don knows he has to do promote his album for it to do good. So we won't see George promoting his album. He might show up at the country awards, but seeing him on talk shows and late night shows you won't see him doing that.

The CMAs are on November 4th. I wonder if they will ask Don to sing. He is free on the 4th, but he would had to go leave immediately after the show to head to DC for the next show.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm still listening to CC. Hasn't left the cd player in my car yet, but I'm still not ready to decide what I like better than what!

Hubby and I were listening to it on the way to church Sunday and he thought Bramble Rose would be a great awards show song if he could get Miranda and Mick to share the stage with him. Can you imagine those 3 on stage together and the hype it would create?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten