Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayers for Randy

Default Re: Prayers for Randy

I really don't think a radio station would spread around a rumor like that. Randy has not been in the limelight for awhile now & they would have nothing to gain by making a false statement like that. I think they were giving an update on Randy's condition, out of concern & to let his fans know what is going on & possibly end the speculation that Randy would be appearing with the Eagles for the 40th Anniversary tour... Still very upsetting news to hear.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I really don't think a radio station would spread around a rumor like that. Randy has not been in the limelight for awhile now & they would have nothing to gain by making a false statement like that. I think they were giving an update on Randy's condition, out of concern & to let his fans know what is going on & possibly end the speculation that Randy would be appearing with the Eagles for the 40th Anniversary tour... Still very upsetting news to hear.
    I hope (and I assumed or I wouldn't have posted it) he'd have some basis, but to be clear, it's not a radio station. It wasn't on the radio station's FB page or their website. The FB page in question is a fan page for the radio station, run by someone who doesn't appear to work for the station.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

VA---I think that's a good assumption. From what I was told by the friend of Jenn is that the guy that runs that page is a friend of the Meisner's and therefore, will be able to get the cards, emails, etc.... to the family.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    VA---I think that's a good assumption. From what I was told by the friend of Jenn is that the guy that runs that page is a friend of the Meisner's and therefore, will be able to get the cards, emails, etc.... to the family.
    Thanks TBF!! Good to know.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Saddened to hear this.
    [

So do we have an actual address to send stuff to?

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Here's what he posted a couple days ago:

THANK YOU ALL thus far for the email well wishes for Randy Meisner. PLEASE know that all I am doing is printing each email, and puting them all in a folder and then deleting your email. Your privacy and private thoughts, are indeed secure.
    Thank you all so kindly.
    Please continue to email your well wishes to: rockandroll@sbcglobal.net, or send a card to Randy c/o Stephen Duncan, P.O. Box 267, Norco, Ca., 92860. I will gather all these up between now and July 3rd.

Here's the FB page.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/1003-...98517276849675
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Here's what he posted a couple days ago:

THANK YOU ALL thus far for the email well wishes for Randy Meisner. PLEASE know that all I am doing is printing each email, and puting them all in a folder and then deleting your email. Your privacy and private thoughts, are indeed secure.
    Thank you all so kindly.
    Please continue to email your well wishes to: rockandroll@sbcglobal.net, or send a card to Randy c/o Stephen Duncan, P.O. Box 267, Norco, Ca., 92860. I will gather all these up between now and July 3rd.

Here's the FB page.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/1003-...98517276849675
    thanks for the info TBF

Some of the saddest news I have heard in a very long time. I remember when I first saw it, days ago, I was in total shock. Thanks for posting the info on where to send an email or card. The least we can do as fans is to give him and his family, things to smile on and show our love and support through such a horrible experience.

My mind is Tiffany twisted

So very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with Randy and his family. Comfort to all of his friends and fans, also. It's not easy.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--