Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What old chestnuts will Joe play / should Joe play on the fall tour?

Default Re: What old chestnuts will Joe play / should Joe play on the fall tour?

I'm really hoping for Turn to Stone, love that song.
    I saw Joe when his new album first came out & he played a lot from that, but not sure what to expect on this tour. Hoping for some real surprises.

Banned

Default Re: What old chestnuts will Joe play / should Joe play on the fall tour?

Well there's good news and bad news.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...usic-interview

Walsh mentioned specifically the song "I.L.B.T.'s," a celebration of minimal mammaries co-written by Vitale on 1983's You Bought It -- You Name It album. He also plans to resurrect some album tracks from 1978's "But Seriously, Folks" and from his two early '70s albums with "Barnstorm." There's no brand new material to play right now, but Walsh is "grabbing bits and pieces and....trying to write and play music every day" to accumulate material for a follow-up to 2012's Analog Man.
    I was hoping we'd heard the last of ILBTs but I'll take it if we get stuff from Joe's Barnstorm album(s). A few years ago Joe played a bit of, But Seriously Folks! deep track, At The Station and the audience went nuts, so I reckon that has a chance of another outing. As it's his best seller, I wonder if Joe is considering playing the whole, But Seriously Folks! album, top to bottom.

Joe did a few shows last Christmas that included County Fair and a cover of Everyday People in the set list. I hope I get to hear those some day.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Oh gosh - that's a very informative interview to be so short. I am really hoping Joe and the other guys all pen their memoirs eventually. It will be some fascinating reading comparing all these stories.

As far as the set list, most all of the solo shows run about 90 minutes, which normally includes somewhere between 13 - 16 songs. Since, But Seriously, Folks includes 8 songs, I can't imagine that he will play it in its entirety. As far as ILBTs, even though I would rather he play something else, I don't cringe when he plays it - to me, it's just all in good fun.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Banned

Well Joe's tour starts this evening so I can't defer it any longer.

I'm wondering if Joe is considering having a punt at an arena tour next year. He's got the material but he'd have to extend his set list. which is apparently what he is doing during this run of shows.

Before I change my mind yet again. This is something like the set list I'd love Joe to perform. It's a little over 2 hours of music with a mid show interval.

1 Analog Man 2012
    2 Wrecking Ball 2012
    3 Song For A Dying Planet 1992
    4 Decades 1992
    5 Mother Says 1972
    6 The Bomber 1970
    7 At The Station 1978
    8 County Fair 1974
    9 In The City 1978
    10 All Night Long 1981

11 Desperado
    12 Pretty Maids All In A Row 1976
    13 Certain Situations 1992
    14 Theme From The Boat Weirdos 1978
    15 Rocky Mountain Way 1973
    16 You Never Know 1981
    17 Life's Been Good 1978
    18 Life In The Fast Lane 1976
    19 Funk #49 1970
    20 Turn To Stone 1972
    21 Family 2012
    22 India 2012

Are there posts missing from this thread?

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Banned

They've been moved to the Joe Walsh Concert Reviews section. I get lost on this bit of the site.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...splay.php?f=29

There are some more YouTube vids to view.