Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Border Desperado

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    That ticket hassle is a bummer, longtimeeaglesfan, but at least you got tix (and the credit).

If I'm not mistaken, Glenn was primarily responsible for making the set list. I guess Henley will be doing it now. It'll be interesting to see if it stays the same or not and could reflect the difference between Don and Glenn in their approach to song arrangement/order. Maybe a few deep tracks added or more solo stuff? Throwing in a surprise like "Waiting in the Weeds" would be awesome.
    Yes, it will be interesting to see if a Henley arranged show has a different feel to it.
    I suspect the setlist will be more similar to HFO that HOTE. I can't see Don and Joe not doing a fairly good number of solo songs, (6 to 8 )and maybe Timothy adding a solo number like "Red Dirt Road".

Banned

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

They did have deep cuts in the HOTE set list and by most accounts I've read they were well received. They wont be bound by the history format but they'll need to keep the tempo and intensity levels high, closing a multi-artist stadium show.

Surely they are finally going to drop Love Will Keep Us Alive even if Tim gets a third lead vocal in the set list.

Quote Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
    Pre-sale yesterday had lots of good seats and the cheapest seat on the field is a wee-bit over $1,000. Seat right in front of TimmieB was almost $2,800.

I can get stage access at a Leap solo show for $60. I'm waiting to see if they do this or that, later on down the road as we get closer to July. In any event, I started entering local contests. Don't expect to win but you gotta try.

Good Luck on Friday.

Stay Tuned!
    CarolC
    For pete's sake at these obscene prices fans should be expecting to know UPFRONT who Don Henley added to the lineup, dinner for two at Craig's and a case of Casamigo Tequila signed by George Clooney.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    They did have deep cuts in the HOTE set list and by most accounts I've read they were well received. They wont be bound by the history format but they'll need to keep the tempo and intensity levels high, closing a multi-artist stadium show.

Surely they are finally going to drop Love Will Keep Us Alive even if Tim gets a third lead vocal in the set list.
    It would be nice if there was room made for a couple of Glenn's solo songs. Maybe another lead vocal for Timothy could be one of them. Not sure which one though...

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    For pete's sake at these obscene prices fans should be expecting to know UPFRONT who Don Henley added to the lineup, dinner for two at Craig's and a case of Casamigo Tequila signed by George Clooney.
    I totally agree. I think Irving has lost the run of himself. Ordinary people do not have thousands of dollars to spend on this. It would have been better to sell separate days at a more reasonable price. I never objected to laying what I did to see the Eagles and Glenn in the past but these prices are just OTT
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I totally agree. I think Irving has lost the run of himself. Ordinary people do not have thousands of dollars to spend on this. It would have been better to sell separate days at a more reasonable price. I never objected to laying what I did to see the Eagles and Glenn in the past but these prices are just OTT

I have always thought Irving manipulted the band. I have read stories about his time with GNR where he sabbatoged the release of Chinese Democracy by making Jimmy Ivone teling the band to re record it over and over again. It was his plot to force a reunion. Good thing he got fired. It makes me think that this thing is his doing because only IRVING wants money

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    It would be nice if there was room made for a couple of Glenn's solo songs. Maybe another lead vocal for Timothy could be one of them. Not sure which one though...
    At such a big gig, I can't see them doing anything deeper than The Heat Is On. Could Tim sing that? I'd encourage him to give it a go

Stuck on the Border

Just MHO, but I do not think Irving manipulated the band into this. Their participation in these festivals would never have gone forward without all three of them okaying it. Particularly Don, as he is in charge now. Outrageous ticket prices were started by the Eagles for the HFO Tour, and continued until the last concert in La.
    Both Don and Glenn are/were very strong personalities and I feel no one manipulated them into anything they did not want to do. I have a feeling that this could also be said for Joe and Tim. This whole thing was planned months ago and they just decided it would be good business to wait for the one year anniversary of Glenn's passing before announcing it. All of Don's talk about never performing again without Glenn was just that - talk. Last I checked it was not sold out on either coast.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 04-16-2017 at 11:59 AM.

FWIW

Tickets to Desert Trip 2016 sold out in just 3 hours!

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/desert-trip-tickets/

Curious how sales are going with Classic East and West.

Anyone know?

Stuck on the Border

Dawn - I just checked both sites and plenty of seats are left. Needless to say the seats between $2,750 and $1,000 are still left, as are seats that go for $450 to $950.
    How much were the tickets last year. Were they just as expensive ?
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 04-19-2017 at 05:53 PM.