Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

I just don't see them cutting out Joe's solo songs. Joe has been playing his solo and James Gang songs since he joined the band in 1975 and I don't think their has been a tour where their wasn't any of his solo or James Gang songs in the setlist.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15-16 & Classic East New York - July 29-30, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Philh View Post
    The article in the LA Times says single day tickets will go on sale from June 5th.
    Pre-sale starts tomorrow. Thank God!

CarolC

Vince Gill has been part of the rumor mill since early March. I posted about it in the Joe press thread. Probably a number of us aren't surprised, although recently I thought Bob Seger was more likely.

I can see Vince singing PEF, Tequila Sunrise and maybe even Heartache Tonight if his vocals can handle it these days. I wonder if any Vince songs will be included?

Deacon can sing TIE, Already Gone and NKIT. I'd prefer not to hear Vince sing NKIT.

Joe will sing his usual solo/James Gang set, while Don may throw in something different. Will TITTL be performed?

They can all take turns singing some Glenn solo songs like Smuggler's Blues. However it's done, Glenn will be remembered and honored.

Nice that one-day tickets are being offered. I think the 2-day requirement was a detriment to a lot of people. This "experiment" is still working itself out apparently. As Henley said in the article, much of it hasn't been finalized so maybe Bernie can still show up.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I remembered that link Vince dining with Joe, Paul, Ringo and Jack Nicholson last week. That also restarted the rumor that Vince might be the second person.

I was thinking about TITTL. There's that video of Vince on stage with Joe in Nashville singing TITTL. He wasn't bad. So Vince could sing that song. That song is in his voice range. ICTYW too, but of course Timothy is singing that song.

I think I see Vince singing PEF, TS, or Lyin' Eyes. I just see Vince doing Glenn's country rock songs.

I doubt Vince will be playing his songs.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I just don't see them cutting out Joe's solo songs. Joe has been playing his solo and James Gang songs since he joined the band in 1975 and I don't think their has been a tour where their wasn't any of his solo or James Gang songs in the setlist.
    I didn't meant that they would CUT anything. I simply made a mistake. No disrespect was intended.

No problem. No harm done.

Now that we found the second mystery person, which Glenn's songs should Vince and Deacon sing. Since those videos on Youtube of Deacon singing when he was a teenager are almost 10 years old, Deacon's voice probably has changed since then, it will kinda to figure out which song is suitable for Deacon's voice.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I remembered that link Vince dining with Joe, Paul, Ringo and Jack Nicholson last week. That also restarted the rumor that Vince might be the second person.

I was thinking about TITTL. There's that video of Vince on stage with Joe in Nashville singing TITTL. He wasn't bad. So Vince could sing that song. That song is in his voice range. ICTYW too, but of course Timothy is singing that song.

I think I see Vince singing PEF, TS, or Lyin' Eyes. I just see Vince doing Glenn's country rock songs.

I doubt Vince will be playing his songs.
    I was thinking the same too but then who will sing HT? Vince had a big hit with "One More Last Chance" (with the famous George Jones reference, "well, she might have took my car keys, but she forgot about my old John Deere"). It's got a rockin' vibe similar to HT, so it's possible Vince could pull it off. Although, he performed that song 20+ years ago. I forgot about Lyin' Eyes. I think it would be nice if Deacon sang it.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I love the song One More Last Chance. A few of uptempo songs have that little rocky feeling. Liza Jane, What The Cowboys Do, One More Last Chance. They show off his mad guitar skills.

I think Vince is going to surprise a lot of people especially if he does a rock Eagles song. I think some are expected him to sing the country rock songs like Take It Easy, Peaceful Easy Feeling, or LE, but Vince can rock especially on the guitar solo. I think he's going to shine more on the guitar solos. Deacon will too. The old videos I've seen of Deacon playing the guitar solo he wasn't bad. He's probably gotten better over the years, he will probably do good.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I agree it would be great to see Vince do one of the faster songs as some of those you mentioned Shun and Delilah are some of my favs of his and he's a great guitarist. My personal favorite of his is always "Whenever You Come Around" and that's more in the style of Glenn's slower songs. I would love it if he does TITTL as his vocal range would work.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."