Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey: Gone but not Forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey has died

This is where I knew I needed to be when I heard the news just an hour ago. My thoughts are racing. I remember joining The Border back in 2008 because I was going to be seeing the Eagles for the first time in Chicago. Little did I know at the time what a hold this site would have on me and all the friends I would make here. I treasure the people I've met, and I know we are all hurting right now.

My thoughts are with Glenn's family as they come to grips with their loss. The world has lost a great musician and a great band, because it goes without saying that without Glenn Frey there is no more Eagles.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Border Troubadour

I feel like I've been kicked in the stomach - soooo sad. R.I.P
    Glenn, thanks for the memories and music
    Beautiful statement from Don - he and the others must be devastated
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

It doesn't seem possible that someone so vital and full of life could be gone. I'm so sorry for his family and everyone who loves him (and there are many). Thank you for sharing your gift of music, Glenn.

I CAN'T STOP CRYING...DEVASTATED..but deep down, I knew there was something horribly wrong...I just knew it...so so so sorry for your loss, Cindy, Taylor, Deacon & Otis...xoxoxoxoxo

Out on the Border AftertheThrill's Avatar

RIP Glenn. I don't know what else to say, I feel like I could throw up.

Border Rebel

I am beyond devastated. There are simply no words. RIP, Glenn and thank you for the decades of great music.

He changed my life in so many ways. Every freaking thing you see here is thanks to him - I never would have made any of it if it weren't for Glenn. Hell, we wouldn't have the EAGLES without Glenn. We'll never have them again.

It's over. It's all over.

I hope he's in Heaven now, and I'll see him again one day, but right now all I feel is anguish.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    He changed my life in so many ways. Every freaking thing you see here is thanks to him - I never would have made any of it if it weren't for Glenn. Hell, we wouldn't have the EAGLES without Glenn. We'll never have them again.

It's over. It's all over.

I hope he's in Heaven now, and I'll see him again one day.
    I hope so too, Nancy.

I shared a couple of photos on Facebook but here, I don't know what I should say or where I should start.

Here's Don Henley's full statement from his official site:

“He was like a brother to me; we were family, and like most families, there was some dysfunction. But, the bond we forged 45 years ago was never broken, even during the 14 years that the Eagles were dissolved.
    We were two young men who made the pilgrimage to Los Angeles with the same dream: to make our mark in the music industry — and with perseverance, a deep love of music, our alliance with other great musicians and our manager, Irving Azoff, we built something that has lasted longer than anyone could have dreamed. But, Glenn was the one who started it all. He was the spark plug, the man with the plan. He had an encyclopedic knowledge of popular music and a work ethic that wouldn’t quit. He was funny, bullheaded, mercurial, generous, deeply talented and driven. He loved his wife and kids more than anything.

We are all in a state of shock, disbelief and profound sorrow. We brought our two-year “History of the Eagles Tour” to a triumphant close at the end of July and now he is gone. I’m not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some.”

-Don Henley

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

So sad. We were all hoping that no news was good news.