Page 8 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Felder Fix: The Don Felder Photo Thread

Default Re: Felder Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah View Post
    That pic with him in the leather jacket with the guitar is a really good one!
    Funny, you noticed the jacket...I noticed the guitar!

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...2&postcount=73

I've never seen anything like that before! 12-string, obviously. And that almost looks like a Gibson mustache bridge. But I went over to Felder's Fan Site (or one of them) and read questions asked of him about his gear. He claims to have around 300 guitars in his studio and a couple in each room. He made the comment that he uses a Les Paul for most of his electric work while writing or composing and uses a Taylor for the acoustic work both while writing, while in the studio and while on stage. Sounds pretty exclusive.

But that doesn't look like any Taylor I've ever seen! He must have had it custom made. By Taylor I presume.

MikeA

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

I noticed that guitar too.. It's pretty amazing isn't it? One thing's for sure, He'll know how to play it *G* (Altho it looks a little girly to me..*G* something Lisa Loeb might play *G*)

Actually Mike, I DID mention the guitar too! It's beautiful and unusual...I've never seen one even somewhat similar!

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah View Post
    Actually Mike, I DID mention the guitar too! It's beautiful and unusual...I've never seen one even somewhat similar!
    You certainly did Maleah sorry.

Even the wood used in that guitar must be an exotic. It will give me something to search for (details about that git) in my old age.

MikeA

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Funny, you noticed the jacket...I noticed the guitar!

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...2&postcount=73

I've never seen anything like that before! 12-string, obviously. And that almost looks like a Gibson mustache bridge. But I went over to Felder's Fan Site (or one of them) and read questions asked of him about his gear. He claims to have around 300 guitars in his studio and a couple in each room. He made the comment that he uses a Les Paul for most of his electric work while writing or composing and uses a Taylor for the acoustic work both while writing, while in the studio and while on stage. Sounds pretty exclusive.

that doesn't look like any Taylor I've ever seen! He must have had it custom made. By Taylor I presume.
    I just checked out the picture. After I looked at it I watched excerpts from the DVD, "Concert for George". It looks like a 12 string version of the guitar that George's son, Dhani, was playing for most of the concert. I have no idea who made it. It had an ornate diamond design on the top between the tuning knobs. Whoever made it, I know one thing...it is undoubtedly expensive.

Border Desperado

I just found this link online. It is a Don Felder interview. He discusses Hotel California, his lawsuit, the Eagles and other things. Here is the link:

http://weblogs.cw11.com/news/local/m...live.html#more

If you watch the video you will have to endure an ad before it begins. My apologies to all if it has already been viewed.
    Last edited by Just Another Hired Hand; 12-15-2008 at 06:05 PM. Reason: spelling

There's lots of photos here:

http://wzlx.com/Don-Felder/2642732

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

I found these on Getty and I really liked em! We may not always like what the man has to say, but he can play.. and he's hot *G*

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for posting these, ticky. The man sure seemed to be getting into the music in these pics. I regret that I never got to see him perform live with the Eagles. In all the video I've ever seen, he seems to have a great stage presence.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Great photos, ticky. Thanks for posting 'em.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten