Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Felder Tweets

Default Re: Felder Tweets

My respect for Felder just went down. Why would you publicize your personal life like that? It's very disheartening. It's stuff like this that makes me think Don and Glenn had real reason to fire him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Wow, the gloves are off in regard to Kathrin. He actually posted this on his FB page and referenced her. "My Petty theme songs for you would be: Don't Come Around Here No More, You Don't Know How It Feels and Don't Do Me Like That."

Also "Dedicated to Kathrin Nicholson @KathriNicholson YOU GOT LUCKY"
    Don't Come Around Here No More was actually yelled at Joe Walsh by Stevie Nicks , from her bedroom window with, songwriter Dave Stewart in, er earshot, let's say. Sorry to be off topic but it astounded me when I found out.

Unpleasant stuff from Felder.

Border Desperado

I just saw the tweet and personally I don't feel as if there is any hidden meaning. He is replying to a tweet by Kathrin, which many others did, listing their top 5 Tom Petty songs. Free Falling is not an insult.

I don't know why some people try to cause drama/start rumors between rock stars and their spouses or even ex spouses, especially when there are small children involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Don't Come Around Here No More was actually yelled at Joe Walsh by Stevie Nicks , from her bedroom window with, songwriter Dave Stewart in, er earshot, let's say. Sorry to be off topic but it astounded me when I found out.

Unpleasant stuff from Felder.
    I take it the source for this is Dave Stewart or has Joe admitted to lurking outside Stevie’s window?

Quote Originally Posted by VillageGirl View Post
    I just saw the tweet and personally I don't feel as if there is any hidden meaning. He is replying to a tweet by Kathrin, which many others did, listing their top 5 Tom Petty songs. Free Falling is not an insult.

I don't know why some people try to cause drama/start rumors between rock stars and their spouses or even ex spouses, especially when there are small children involved.
    Thanks for your perspective VG. I took a quick look at his page and I’m not sure what to make of it. He did say “theme songs” rather just making a list of favorites. Maybe he interpreted her post in a different way. At any rate, I’ll hold off on making any conclusions and just hope everything is ok between them.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I think my respect for Felder would be higher if I just stop reading what he has to say. I blindly followed him for many years and likely still would if I hadn't read the stuff he posts on social media.

Truly bad form to air your dirty laundry in public, and quite narcissistic to say "You Got Lucky". Well, if there was any doubt there was trouble, we now know. It also points to more evidence that maybe he wasn't the easiest guy to work with.

I think I'm going to unfollow Felder on social media. I'll like him better that way. What I don't know won't bother me and I'll learn to not read this thread lol.

Quote Originally Posted by VillageGirl View Post

I personally hope I am wrong. I'd be overjoyed for Don and Kathrin. I hope the best for them. I just think it's too coincidental, and it's hard for me to read it as anything other than problematic.

Stuck on the Border

Whatever he intended, he's thought better of it.

Stuck on the Border

IF there's a public love battle going on, they should leave the songs of a recently departed friend out of it.

The FB post was gone by yesterday evening and I assume his tweet disappeared as well. Some commenters seem to think his account may have been hacked. Who knows.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Well, sadly it sounds like it was some kind of dispute/argument with Kathrine. Don has done this before and removed inappropiate tweets. When he made fun of Glenn's illness a few months before he passed, he was called out on it and the tweet was removed. He also noted the "anniversary" of Don H.'s arrest in 1980 and made comment on that. I believe it was also removed.
    I find it sad that he has to take to social media to air his arguments with his ex-fiance. It is also sad he has chosen the song of a friend who just passed to air his differences. Don is one of the best guitarists in history. These kinds of tweets show a side to him that is unknown to the general public. A passive-aggressive nature that was only known to the band. These kinds of tweets do not show him at his best.