The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Band Member Discussion Areas > Former Eagles > Don Felder

Don Felder Wear out your blues with Don Felder.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:46 PM   #121
sodascouts
Administrator

Default Re: Felder Tweets

Don is hugely passive aggressive; it's quite evident in his book.

I think a lot of us who use Twitter (and Facebook) have done the "Tweet and Delete" thing, where you've tweeted or posted something in anger and then thought better of it. I know I have. The problem is that Felder is a public figure and he will never be able to get away with it. The other problem is that Felder's impulsive tweets/posts are usually digs which are going to piss people off.

Those who think he might have been hacked... c'mon guys. "Tweet and Delete Digs" are typical for Felder, as others have noted. He just hasn't learned his lesson yet when it comes to social media... and at this point, it looks like he never will.

PS I'm thinking his earlier tweet about forgiveness probably wasn't about Glenn this time...

Always in our hearts, always with us, never forgotten, never truly gone.
sodascouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:40 PM   #122
chaim
Border Troubadour

Yeah, the tweet probably wasn't about Glenn. But since he didn't give a context, and he did it in public, it was natural to assume he was referring to the person he had talked about the same way in public (Glenn). I'm glad if it wasn't about Glenn, but if he's having problems that bad with his relationship, I can't be glad about that either.
chaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:56 AM   #123
UndertheWire
Stuck on the Border

One benefit of this board is that it's led me to investigate terms like "passive-agressive" and "narcissist". I don't think the tweet counts as "passive-agressive" but I agree that the way he describes his behaviour in his book seems to fit that description.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:30 AM   #124
Delilah
Stuck on the Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaim View Post
Yeah, the tweet probably wasn't about Glenn. But since he didn't give a context, and he did it in public, it was natural to assume he was referring to the person he had talked about the same way in public (Glenn). I'm glad if it wasn't about Glenn, but if he's having problems that bad with his relationship, I can't be glad about that either.
I wonder at what point it is no longer natural. Glenn has been gone for more than a year and half now. I donít have a twitter account and Iím not familiar with Donís twitter historyóhow often, subject matter,etc. From the comments here it appears he has tweeted about Glenn multiple times. I know he tweeted something during the Grammys that were held shortly after Glenn died. Has he tweeted about Glenn since then? (arguably the Grammy tweet wasnít directly about Glenn, it was more about not performing with the rest of the guys)

Take it to the limit, one more time.
Delilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 04:08 PM   #125
chaim
Border Troubadour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
I wonder at what point it is no longer natural. Glenn has been gone for more than a year and half now. I donít have a twitter account and Iím not familiar with Donís twitter historyóhow often, subject matter,etc. From the comments here it appears he has tweeted about Glenn multiple times. I know he tweeted something during the Grammys that were held shortly after Glenn died. Has he tweeted about Glenn since then? (arguably the Grammy tweet wasnít directly about Glenn, it was more about not performing with the rest of the guys)
I'm not thinking about frequency - how many times he has tweeted about Glenn. But I don't remember him speaking about anyone else like that in public. So when he quotes a text like that in public and doesn't give a context, I'm going to assume he's referring to the person he's talked about like that before. But I was wrong.

EDIT:

This would indeed be a strange time to tweet about Glenn, but I didn't - and still don't - see the point in sharing such a dramatic quote in public about something you have never talked about in public. Except if you want to have people guessing and going "Oh, I wonder what's wrong. I hope it's nothing too serious."

Last edited by chaim; 10-13-2017 at 06:14 PM.
chaim is offline   Reply With Quote