Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Madison Square Garden, NY, NY - 9/18/2014

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Madison Square Garden, NY, NY - 9/18/2014

Great reviews everybody. Sounds like you all had a blast. And VA, thanks for the pics. I wonder how this guy was allowed to take them? Probably a pro!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Great reviews everybody. Sounds like you all had a blast. And VA, thanks for the pics. I wonder how this guy was allowed to take them? Probably a pro!!
    Yes, he was hired by LiveNation.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I had actually thought about doing something similar. I have an acquaintance who is both a photographer AND personal friend of Timothy. He saw the Portland show, compliments of TBS and even got the backstage pass in the deal (as is usually the case when they guys play up there). I seriously considered making a sign that said "D. ROLLINS SENT ME!" I was in the 3rd row right in front of Timothy...would have been hard to miss and it might have worked, LOL!

Note to self: Next time, DO IT!
    I just need a little downtime.........

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

So, were there any kazoos to be heard during the Eagles' show? Doesn't seem like it, that's good news.

I was in the 6th row (of course on Timothy's side) and didn't hear any kazoos around us. Sitting in our row and the row behind us were very friendly fans who were enthusiastic and shared their memories of past Eagles concerts. We met "Patti" (very sweet) who usually buys front row seats but purchased too late this time. She has attended so many of Timothy's individual performances that he now recognizes and acknowledges her (lucky her!). Behind us were 3 twenty something fans(Maggie, Charlie and ?) attending their 1st Eagles concert.They grew up in LA and cheered when Glenn mentioned Mulholland Drive. They were with their Dad who, when he heard Patti talking about TBS, told us he met TBS thru a mutual friend. The concert started so we didn't get the details. After the concert, the kids were raving how great the concert was ( another generation of Eagle fans). The guy sitting right next to us went to his first Eagles concert when he was on business in England. He and his wife have attended as many concerts as possible since then. It was nice to share the concert with so many like minded fans. For a good portion of the 1st half there wasn't anyone sitting in the 10 seats in front of us which was fantastic. Then there was a constant turnover of people moving in and out of those seats. They were more interested in each other than the concert. We thought they might be corpoate tickets shared with staff or clients. Anyhow, of the 10 seats, only 2 remained occuppied for the last half hour or so. I can't understand how people would leave but it was lucky for us, better view.

I offered to take my husband to the concert but he declined. He came with me to the Newark concert but his passion for the Eagles doesn't run as deep as mine. I took my sister who hadn't seen the Eagles since they played at St Anselm's during her college days there in the mid seventies. Her appreciation was reignited. We had a great night !

The dream now is to win the lottery and attend the remaing concerts. Not going to happen, so let's hope for future tours. As I have mentioned before, individually they are all talented but together, the combo is magical.

Oops, comments are a little longwinded..signing off to go view old video's this site offers...thanks all for the contributions...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Yes, he was hired by LiveNation.
    If anyone from Livenation reads this please hire me for the next leg. You don't even have to pay me. In fact I'll pay you for the opportunity!! (worth a shot)
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Thanks for your posts, Flojo! I haven't heard about this one before, has Don done this at other shows?
    I've never noticed him encouraging it at that point before, he was smiling when everyone was trying to hit the Randy Meisner high points There was a lot more interaction with the crowd at this show compared to some others I've been to.
    The only shows I could compare to that for atmosphere are Glasgow (of course) and Dublin.

I've never seen anyone approached to go backstage at the break before so that was surprising. The lady did mention that she'd been to a few shows so maybe Don recognised her, hence why he sent the guy out to get her. She did look like something from the real housewives of orange county so that might explain it

I'm thinking about maybe getting a 'mother is half a word' t-shirt printed for Australia, that or 'Bernie's still wearing the same shirt'.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I was in row 7, and directly behind a rather large man, both wide and tall. So when I got the offer to switch closer to the middle, I took it. Only to find I was behind an even taller man. He slouched in his seat, and while that probably helped those behind me, it didn't help me at all. Directly in front of him was a tall man, and so when we stood, I couldn't see anything, because leaning around one meant still having the other block my view. The women on either side of me didn't seem to appreciate me leaning to the side to see around them, and so the first set was a bit frustrating for me. I could lean and see individual members occasionally, but never all of them at once.
    VA, if we are ever at the same concert and you are directly behind me, you can have my seat and I'll take yours! I'm 6'8 and built to match and I'm sure other people have been upset about me being in front of them so I sit the entire concert and stand for my top or top 2 favorites. I also do the slouching thing but not sure if it helps. I feel bad, but when it comes down to it - I should be able to see them too and paid for my ticket. But I do feel bad for those behind me. Especially when I'm front row!!!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    VA, if we are ever at the same concert and you are directly behind me, you can have my seat and I'll take yours! I'm 6'8 and built to match and I'm sure other people have been upset about me being in front of them so I sit the entire concert and stand for my top or top 2 favorites. I also do the slouching thing but not sure if it helps. I feel bad, but when it comes down to it - I should be able to see them too and paid for my ticket. But I do feel bad for those behind me. Especially when I'm front row!!!
    I thought of you, Austin, as I sat behind this guy, and remember you saying you usually felt bad for the people behind you. I think this guy was cognizant of it because his wife was well over a foot shorter than him. It would have been do-able, except the guy in front of him was nearly as tall!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Here's a sort-of review as well as something on the Walden Woods benefit:
    http://www.thenation.com/blog/181686...ll-be-bad-news

Apparently the Eagles made Dolan read a long list of rules afterward to ensure that nobody played their kazoos once they came onstage