Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - 9/13/2014

Default Re: Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - 9/13/2014

Great show last night! My wife and I sat 4th row center in front of TBS. It was the first time in many years I did not bring or use a camera. I must admit the lack of hands up holding glowing objects was a pleasant respite from the usual crowds nowadays. The crowd in my section seemed to definitely get the message to keep electronics off. We sat next to a couple who was obviously loaded and wanted to make friends with everyone- fine for pre show but during the show is not the time to be kibitzing. At times they were a little annoying but we did not let them affect our night. The guy showed me a setlist which indicated "Hotel California" to be the opening song- that's all I needed to know about those two. I saw Glenn take a pill or something right before he sat down on the amp box to start the show. He seemed to have a few sniffles at the beginning but sounded great during the show. These guys have a lot of stamina- they played back to back nights and brought the energy and enthusiasm last night.

I saw Bernie flip his pick into the crowd at the end of the first set- I think a person in the front row caught it. Also saw TBS give 2 picks to security to give to a couple of fans.

I think the importance of JW's contributions cannot be overstated. WIth Joe they can play legitimate rock and roll tunes and change the mood of the audience quickly- I would like ot see one of his songs in the first set to bring up the tempo a little. I could watch him play guitar for hours. Simply superb.

The band seemed to be enjoying themselves throughout the show; before "The Long Run", Don mentioned the song was about perseverance: something NYC should know about- referring of course to 9/11.

As the show neared its conclusion I tried to get by the annoying couple to get up front in search of a pick; the dopey guy told me they still had to play "Life in the Fast Lane"- which they had played several songs prior. He was sorry he missed it! Haha! Have another drink!

Anyways after the show, and asking many roadies, one guy ( maybe a tour manager or someone like that) was removing the remainder of Glenn's picks from the mic stand. I asked for one and he threw it to me. So now I have 3 Glenn Picks, one TBS pick. Still need a JW and a pair of DH drumsticks would be great- but that's a "high class problem" I can live with.
    We are going Thursday ( front row dead center seats 8,9) cannot wait. May be the last time.
    Hope everyone had a great time. See you at the show-
    Boston Steve

PS- if you would like to check out pix from earlier in the tour (as well as other artists) check out my photobucket:

http://s99.photobucket.com/?postlogin=true

also -
    on my YT channel TIE- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0rb...c4BiBZcC5dJHUg
    Last edited by boston steve; 09-14-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Terrific review, Steve, and glad you had such a great time in spite of the clueless moron next to you! Hotel California as the opener? I would have been inclined to ask him what planet he just arrived from, lol!

The guys seem to be less inclined to toss picks into the crowd this leg of the tour. The only 'gift' I saw in Omaha was Glenn giving something to a young (maybe 12 yr old) fan in the front row at the end of the show. And most people who have seen them recently have also commented on this particular issue. Curious!

Wish I was going to be at one of these upcoming shows but my plans for Boston fell thru before I could really get arrangements in place. I'm bummed about it but such is life.

Looking forward to more comments from others who were there lastnight AND your comments after your next show.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

I didn't go this time, but I had a fantastic time at the pre-show meet up. So glad I was able to meet Sodascouts, Houston Baby, Desperada, and SallyGee and her husband (is he on here too?)

I wish I could have gone to the post show meet up as well. Sorry I missed meeting those of you who were at the VIP pre show etc.

Sounds like an amazing night! Looking forward to hearing more accounts of the show!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

We enjoyed meeting such wonderful people at the pre show dinner. Sorry we couldn't meet up after the show but we had to catch a train home. Meeting fellow Borderers added to the whole show experience. I don't have much to say about the show except it was wonderful. Boston Steve gave a great review. We didn't have great seats, but they were straight on. I brought my trusty binoculars,and was very happy. Before the show, I was looking down around the front of the stage, and I saw Jean Schmit. She was on the right side, and walked down the aisle with a man with a suit jacket maybe security. She looked in the first few rows in the center. It looked like she was looking for someone, but she didn't seem to find them. She turned and left off to the side of the stage.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Terrific show !! The guys were in great spirits (I really wish they would stop wearing the same clothes, though). I didn't have any jerks around me, which was a good thing. Don seemed especially happy and playful, he even mugged into one of the cameras when Glenn introduced him.

I do have to extend my apologies for not being able to meet after the show. For some inane reason they shut down all the escalators and wouldn't let me use the stairs. I had to use the elevator, which took way too damn long, and by the time I got out it was cutting it too close to catching the last train. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone. I hope we have a chance to meet when Don tours.

Sounds like everyone had a great time and the band was great. Can't wait to hear about GA's surprises. I wish I could afford to go to Thursday show. Love hearing all the reviews.

Just finished my four-hour drive from the Nashville airport about a half hour ago and I'm about to go to bed, but I thought I'd drop by this thread really quickly and see what else has been posted. Great review, steve! And as several have noted, it was so wonderful to meet people before and after the show!

WW - I wondered where you were! I'm sorry we missed each other, but this is certainly not going to be the last time I travel for something Eagles-related. Hopefully we will cross paths sometime in the future.

This will, however, be my last Eagles show for the foreseeable future. I can't afford to travel to any more shows this leg, and who knows what they'll do after the overseas gigs. I figure they'll probably at least do more Vegas gigs in the future, but this may have been my last epic three-hour show with Bernie and all the special rarities. It makes me sad to think that.

BTW to add to what boston steve said, I remember when Don was speaking before "The Long Run" he added "Whenever I see the footprints of the towers, I think of that" after talking about how, like the band, New Yorkers "survive" and "persevere." Eloquent as always.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

So glad you all enjoyed the show, I'll be sure to review tonight's once I've recovered tomorrow. We're in the front row, I wonder if Glenn will recognise us? I doubt it but it would be amazing.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    BTW to add to what boston steve said, I remember when Don was speaking before "The Long Run" he added "Whenever I see the footprints of the towers, I think of that" after talking about how, like the band, New Yorkers "survive" and "persevere." Eloquent as always.

Any wonder why I adore this man? Don!!!
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

BS, SG, WW, and Soda, thanks for your thoughts! It sounds like it was another fabulous Eagles show! But what else would we expect....they're always fabulous!

I'm also glad most of you got to meet up! Makes it all the more fun!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten