Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA - 8/25

Out on the Border

Smile My Tacoma Experience

This is not really a review, so I hope it is okay to post here.

I just wanted to share a bit of my experience from the show last night in Tacoma.

To start off, this was my first time seeing the band. I am 29 and I grew up with my mom always playing their music. I had taken off work and purchased a ticket for the LONG ROAD tour in Seattle in 2010 when at the last minute the show was cancelled due to illness, and I wasn't able to make it to the new date, and then I was in Korea last year when the tour stopped in Seattle, so I was unable to make it then. Although it is a bit of a pain to get to Tacoma from Seattle in the late afternoon during the weekday, I knew I couldn't pass up the chance to see the tour this time.

I see A LOT of concerts, and I almost always purchase the cheapest seats so I am able to see more shows, but there was only one single seat left in the nosebleeds, for a total of about $65 with fees. I wanted to take my mom for her birthday which was this past sunday, so I ended up purchasing two tickets on STUB HUB for $45 each including fees, which was rare that it was actually under face value. I figured since there weren't any of the cheap seats left that the dome had sold all of the seats.

So, we make our way to the dome last night and as soon as our tickets are scanned, we were told that they had given us better seats. We look at our new seats and realize that they moved us to the lower center section, in the 13th row (we had originally been in the 62nd row!). Once we got in, we realized they had the entire nosebleed sections on both sides of the arena curtained off. I was pretty surprised that they would close off so many seats considering how well the band sells. We lucked out, though! A woman near us said that she had paid $200 a seat.

The only weird/annoying experience of the whole thing was right after intermission. There was this woman in front of us who was pretty loud during the entire show, singing/screeching to each song, and while it was quite annoying, I know everyone goes to concerts to have fun, and I try to just make sure I don't annoy people myself with my behavior. Anyways, one man in front of her turned around and screamed at her, "I CAME HERE TO SEE THEM SING, NOT YOU! SHUT THE **** UP." Then, there was a yelling match of obscenities, and from then on out is was this woman's mission to irritate and ruin the experience of that guys entire party by stomping and screaming the entire rest of the concert.

That aside, I was thrilled to finally be able to see the band in person and I really did enjoy the show.

Border Troubadour

Default Re: My Tacoma Experience

Glad to hear you had a great time! I saw them in Liverpool (UK) and a woman in front of me was rather drunk so insisted on singing and standing up to dance at every turn; I think her husband shut her up at the interval How did you find the performance itself?

Great seat upgrade! Sorry for the obnoxious fan but so glad you had the chance to catch the show. I've got a friend going tomorrow night and I'll be seeing them in Omaha. By the way, welcome to The Border.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Very nice seat upgrade! Congrats on that!

I don't know why people think you came to hear them sing and not the band! Stupid people! Glad you managed to enjoy the show in spite of her!

And welcome!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Out on the Border

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

I think I was most impressed by how long they played. Although there was a short intermission, it basically went from 8-11:15pm. Most of the young touring artists now rarely go over 2 hours, and I found it to be a real great to hear that much music from them. I also really liked the set design, and really enjoyed a lot of the funny videos they filmed for the tour

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA - 8/25

Some pictures from the venue:

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Default Re: Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA - 8/25

Thanks! The first and last are especially adorable!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

HI EVERYBODY!

Well...what can I say...I am now officially ruined for life...I will NEVER again be happy with anything other than 2nd Row (or better...) concert seats!

I was at the Tacoma Dome show last night, as some of you know; I just don't know where to begin...I am still in "afterglow" mode and can't really think straight!

I LOVED the VIP package experience and I think it's totally worth the money...(it's unfortunate that it costs SO much money, but still...!) Our host was Helen and she was great! The buffet was very good (even though I'm vegetarian)...it was in a huge room and was very comfortable and had amazing service!

At the concert, I sat in the 2nd Row...It was one of the best nights of my LIFE! The whole experience was SO surreal, I am still awestruck and can't really put into words how fantastic the concert itself was!

I saw the Eagles in Seattle in September and at the Forum in January, and those 2 shows were pretty similar. I'll just tell you that last night's show was definitely different, in terms of the set list and just the staging and feel of it. I will leave it to the more articulate and professional concert-goers to critique the tour as it moves along! I haven't kept up with the more recent reviews, and maybe the show changes have already been discussed...? Of course - bottom line - it was a FANTASTIC show...I'm thinking that a lot of people will like this new (at least to me) set list more than the former ones, so that will be interesting to see!

Here's what I can safely say: In the concert last night, the band was the MOST energetic...the MOST playful (with the audience and with each other)...and the MOST upbeat that I've seen them! It was a very relaxed and fun vibe and they really did seem to be having a blast! (especially Joe!) I know for sure that the crowd was going nuts and loving every minute of the whole night!

On a whiny note: I know that I always complain about the ladies' restroom issue, and last night was no exception...at the (very short) intermission, I stood in line the whole time and had to give up and go back to the concert so that I didn't miss the opening of the 2nd Act!

If I ruled the world, I would include, as part of the VIP package, private men's and women's bathrooms (like the ones that we used during the dinner buffet). If I could use a women's bathroom with no line at ALL during the concert, I would pay EVEN MORE for the tickets (one of my fellow VIP ladies tried to sneak back into the dinner-buffet bathroom last night but got turned away!

BUT, I digress...! Overall...last night was even BETTER than I'd imagined it would be...! Feeling a little sad today that it's over so am already looking forward to the next time - something I know that all of you can easily relate to!

Thanks again for all of good wishes - It really made the whole night so much more special! I will be in afterglow for the foreseeable future!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Jane, I'm dying to know what set list changes!!

Glad you had a good time. I knew second row would spoil you!!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Mr.B and Jane - I'm so glad that you enjoyed the show so much last night. Looking forward to hearing more about it. And thanks for the pictures, VA.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016