Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi from England

Default Re: Hi from England

Hi Sprout!! and welcome to the Border!!...I know you will love it here! I see you're kind of new to the Eagles...do you have any favorite songs?

Border Desperado Midnight_Flyer's Avatar

welcome
    hope you have a great time here
    everyone here is lovely and they make you feel right at home

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Hi Sprout, so glad you got to see the Eagles in Vegas. You may or not may know that was the first time that Timothy sang since he was treated for throat cancer in late 2012, so that was an important show for those of us here on the Border. He sounds even better now!! You are so lucky to see them in June! Welcome.

Border Desperado Islander canuck's Avatar

Welcome!!

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    Hi Sprout!! and welcome to the Border!!...I know you will love it here! I see you're kind of new to the Eagles...do you have any favorite songs?
    I have a new favourite song every day 😊
    Not sure it was the same for everyone but after HOTE was on TV over here, the BBC showed an Eagles concert from 1973 featuring the original line up of Don, Glen, Bernie and Randy (sorry, you all knew that !! )
    Anyway, I've watched this show over and over and I like Bernie singing 'Train leaves here this morning' and also Randy singing 'certain kind of fool'.
    To be honest, I've yet to hear an Eagles song that I don't like. Plus, I've got the advantage of being a new fan of this group so it's great hearing new songs, it's like they've only just been released.😃
    I can't wait until June

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Hi Sprout, so glad you got to see the Eagles in Vegas. You may or not may know that was the first time that Timothy sang since he was treated for throat cancer in late 2012, so that was an important show for those of us here on the Border. He sounds even better now!! You are so lucky to see them in June! Welcome.
    I went to the Las Vegas show with my American friend, Grego, who's also new to this site, but has been an Eagles fan forever😊. We didn't realise that Timothy was recovering from throat cancer until after we had seen the show, although Greg had said they usually perform for 3 hours and was surprised it had only lasted for two.
    I'm so glad he's back to full health and can't wait to hear him perform in June.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Sprout, I love TLHTM, too! It is my 6:15 alarm on my iPhone, my husband cracks up every time it comes on. You are so lucky to get to hear Bernie sing it live right in front of you in June, it is fantastic!!!

Hi, Caroline. Welcome aboard! I just got here yesterday myself.

Border Troubadour

I'm new here too just across the Irish Sea from you so welcome. Like you I only really 'got' into the Eagles since HOTE was on the Beeb last year and am only now really appreciating their genius 'though I've been in love with Don H forever
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Welcome!