Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new (old) Eagles fan!

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: new (old) Eagles fan!

Seattle was an AWESOME show!!! But VA may think that because she was at Glenn's feet all night! HH & her seats were right there below Glenn. Right there!! Boy was I jealous!!

Well, hearing that makes me jealous, too! Before re-discovering the Eagles, my husband and I were Steely Dan groupies (still are!) and when we were looking for tickets for the Dan show at the WaMu theater in Seattle in 2011, the guy at the theater told me: "always go to the ticket office when it opens the first day to buy tickets...the pre-sales aren't worth it"...so I believed it (we got 2nd row for that Dan show) and I was at Key Arena box office the minute Eagles tickets went on sale, and we ended up in the balcony (even though the ticket prices were the highest level, same as floor!). So, we had terrible seats ! Obviously, I still had a wonderful time and LOVED the concert (though no one was allowed to stand up or make much noise in our seating area - that's another story, we almost got kicked out!)...but I can only hope I get as skilled as the rest of you are, in terms of getting good tickets for shows - I need a crash course in ticket-buying !

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I cheat and buy VIP seats!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Honestly, I think you're right...at the end of the day, it's worth it!

The money thing is another issue; some of our group absolutely refuse to pay top-dollar for tickets; they are in sticker shock and still remember going to concerts for $20! (way, way, way back...)! It's been interesting to hear all the stories here on The Border, and to see how many people are able to go to SO many shows and also pay for the good seats - wow, I'm impressed! I'm not sure how you guys all do it, but BRAVO!!!

(I'm originally from southern Indiana, just across the river from Louisville!)

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Oh, cool! I just moved here this past summer after living in VA for over 30 years.

I don't have kids, so for me the shows are do-able. I do go with groups, but seldom sit with people as a group (get better tickets with doubles and singles). Like Raleigh and Cincy, I'm going by myself, which is nice because no one distracts me (though when I go with people from this board, they don't distract me because none of us want to be distracted!), and I don't have to worry about what others may want to pay or not pay.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane B. View Post
    Honestly, I think you're right...at the end of the day, it's worth it!

The money thing is another issue; some of our group absolutely refuse to pay top-dollar for tickets; they are in sticker shock and still remember going to concerts for $20! (way, way, way back...)! It's been interesting to hear all the stories here on The Border, and to see how many people are able to go to SO many shows and also pay for the good seats - wow, I'm impressed! I'm not sure how you guys all do it, but BRAVO!!!
    I know what you mean JB. I will be going to Friday night's concert by myself since none of my friends in H-town would spend $ for a VIP ticket. But that is ok & I totally understand. I am now single, no kids so I choose to pay for these concerts. When I was married I would not have spent the $ for the VIP tickets either. I even missed the guys on the HFO tour because we had just bought a house & was in the midst of remodeling.

And when I go out of town to see them, I always spend a few days in that city & see the sights. Mini vacations! I went to quite a few cities last year thanks to the HOTE tour. And more importantly it gives me a chance to visit with my Eagles buddies! That is the MOST fun!!

Yeah, being single with no kids helps a lot when it comes to concert adventures, lol. I can't afford to do the VIP thing regularly; I used to rely on the "last minute" trick to get good tix for face value, but that doesn't seem to work nearly as much anymore. Now you just gotta keep checking back. It's tiresome and time consuming, and there are no guarantees unless you go broker, which can really add up. Ugh!

I'm very lucky in that thanks to the Border, I am able to find a concert buddy for nearly every show I go to. The upcoming New Orleans show is only the second Eagles show I've attended alone (the other was Glasgow in 2006, where I sat in the boonies and got punched by an unruly Scotsman for dancing during "Take It Easy"). Solo shows are another matter - I've gone to several of those alone - but usually I can nab a fellow fan for the Eagles. Not this time!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

You guys are Great! You've really given me a lot to think about! I'm married but my husband works on commercial ships and travels a LOT...no kids...12 pets, but we have a wonderful house sitter, so that works out!

I really should try and meet up with some of you at a show sometime by myself! We're paying off a remodel and can't afford a big vacation, so the mini-trips are perfect right now!

It's getting late tonight, but next time I'll recount my 24-hour trip to L.A. for the 1/15 Forum show...it was AMAZING, but I'm getting too old for the 24-hour thing, it was pretty brutal!

In Seattle, we sat by a couple from eastern Washington, who were staying on a boat, and the guy got yelled at several times for whistling...(just in case that couple reads The Border - would love to contact them, we lost their number)!

The "Rowdy Scottish Guy" story is one of the funniest things I've heard in a while - I'll think about that every time I hear the song now! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yeah, being single with no kids helps a lot when it comes to concert adventures, lol. I can't afford to do the VIP thing regularly; I used to rely on the "last minute" trick to get good tix for face value, but that doesn't seem to work nearly as much anymore. Now you just gotta keep checking back. It's tiresome and time consuming, and there are no guarantees unless you go broker, which can really add up. Ugh!

I'm very lucky in that thanks to the Border, I am able to find a concert buddy for nearly every show I go to. The upcoming New Orleans show is only the second Eagles show I've attended alone (the other was Glasgow in 2006, where I sat in the boonies and got punched by an unruly Scotsman for dancing during "Take It Easy"). Solo shows are another matter - I've gone to several of those alone - but usually I can nab a fellow fan for the Eagles. Not this time!

As I said in the other post, I LOVE the Scottish guy story!

But also, Soda: New Orleans is such an amazing city! You'll have a BLAST! I would join you in a heartbeat, if I could! But now that I know you guys are out there, I'll figure out a way to come and see a show with you down the road! (I'm excited to have something to look forward to again...I was suffering from the PEW whatever.) It'll be such fun to hear about the New Orleans show; plus, someone might still decide to go with you!

I love that you're such an adventurous person - it's very inspiring!

Soda an adventurous person - that is putting it mildly!

She is known as our "fearless leader"!