Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh Memoir

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Joe Walsh Memoir

This info might need it's own thread!

"The group recently came off the road from the latest leg of its History of the Eagles tour and he said that after two years of taking the show around the world, it's time for the band to do something different.

"We've played about everywhere with it and the decision is whether to just keep doing it and we wanted to take a break and get away from it," Walsh said. "We don't want to just play the hits. We have to reinvent a new set and a new show and we've got to take some time off before we start doing that."

This is some very exciting news if Joe knows what he's talking about, though it could take years!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

We do have a thread about 'what's next' for them but to be honest Joe's statement doesn't really give anything away. A new set & a new show.... perhaps.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...ead.php?t=5837

As far as Joe discussing Stevie Nicks in his book.... he had his relationship with her AFTER she was briefly involved with Henley. How could the Eagles have a problem with him talking about it?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - I'm not sure why Joe writing about Stevie in a memoir would be problematic for the band???

And in the past, none of their solo careers have ever taken priority over the Eagles or the 'mothership' as they often refer to the band. So, quite honestly, I'd be very surprised if that were the case going forward.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I'm expecting Joe's book to be a mix of funny anecdotes and redemption. If he were to write anything different, he'd damage the image he's built up over the last twenty years as well as his relationships. He's been working on his demons for a long time and he's had time to reflect and use his experience in a positive way. He doesn't need to write a book as therapy.

There are two close examples of how you can write a memoir - Joe Vitale and Don Felder. One of these aimed to write without dishing the dirt on friends and co-workers and is able to continue to work with them and the other is Don Felder.

Of course, it's possible that Joe (Walsh) might write something he thinks is harmless but which upsets Don Henley but, as they share the same manager, that would surely get resolved before it got to publication.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I'm expecting Joe's book to be a mix of funny anecdotes and redemption. If he were to write anything different, he'd damage the image he's built up over the last twenty years as well as his relationships. He's been working on his demons for a long time and he's had time to reflect and use his experience in a positive way. He doesn't need to write a book as therapy.

There are two close examples of how you can write a memoir - Joe Vitale and Don Felder. One of these aimed to write without dishing the dirt on friends and co-workers and is able to continue to work with them and the other is Don Felder.

Of course, it's possible that Joe (Walsh) might write something he thinks is harmless but which upsets Don Henley but, as they share the same manager, that would surely get resolved before it got to publication.
    Bingo!! I agree with this wholeheartedly. A book of funny antidotes and redemption is EXACTLY what I'm expecting. If he even mentions Stevie it will be a quick, "that didn't go well" or "I'm sorry." Keep in mind Stevie was always much more enamored w/Joe than the other way around. Also, let's not forget that Joe was married w/a small child during his time w/Stevie.

I also think there will be a lot of input from Joe's friends. Truth is, there is a lot that Joe just can't remember.

Even when the Eagles were broken up Joe never spoke badly of them. He was dead drunk at that time. He won't bite the hands that feed.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Banned

Well Joe's quite happy to defer the Felder's "Gods" within the Eagles but Joe's memoir is Joe's story. When Joe jokes "I could actually make more money from people paying me to NOT be in the book", I get the impression that he aint gonna be a pussy.

I believe there's a lot more to Joe's life than fun and redemption. I can't see him skipping the rest in his memoir.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    It's not a story. It's his version of a dumb blonde joke. I've got some of those DJ shows from the early 90's. He's INCREDIBLY mean to her. It's very sad. I was appalled when I listened to them last year. Lots of fat jokes. Mean, mean ones.
    That is sad. I thought Joe - even Drunk Joe - was a gentleman. Guess not. Surely Buddhist Joe will have a more evolved perspective though. Sometimes I think Stevie claims that other men were the love of her life to p*$s off Lindsey. Just a thought.

I look forward to Joe's memoir. For some reason, his origins are shrouded in mystery. Perhaps we'll finally know where and what date he was born, I've read so many different things.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    That is sad. I thought Joe - even Drunk Joe - was a gentleman. Guess not. Surely Buddhist Joe will have a more evolved perspective though. Sometimes I think Stevie claims that other men were the love of her life to p*$s off Lindsey. Just a thought.

I look forward to Joe's memoir. For some reason, his origins are shrouded in mystery. Perhaps we'll finally know where and what date he was born, I've read so many different things.
    He was born on November 20, 1947, in Wichita, Kansas.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Rodgers and Walsh, in fact, began writing material together about eight years ago that they plan to return to in the near future. “A couple really good things came out of that so we’re gonna revisit it,” Walsh says. “I had some funky licks that had progressed into kind of a song form, and that’s what Paul loves. So I dumped those on him and he put words to it and sang it, and of course it’s brilliant. It’s an approach I never would’ve come up with. And then he had a couple song ideas, melodies, word groups that he gave to me, and I’ve been working on those. So we’re gonna get back and compare notes.”
    Walsh is working on some new music in Nashville with a variety of collaborators. He also has a memoir he plans to publish in 2017. “That’s going to be a really good book,” he promises, before joking that, “I thought I could make more money by people paying me NOT to be in my book than I actually could putting the book out, but I decided to go ahead and write it, and I’m really happy now. A lot of people are nervous, but I’m not gonna hurt anybody.”
    http://www.theoaklandpress.com/arts-...mmer-tourmates

From that last line, it seems that he's taking his lead from Joe Vitale.

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    http://www.theoaklandpress.com/arts-...mmer-tourmates

From that last line, it seems that he's taking his lead from Joe Vitale.
    I'm so glad Joe is releasing a memoir. They should ALL do so, while there's still time.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten