Page 114 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1281

Thread: Remembering Glenn Frey

Default Re: Remembering Glenn Frey

He didn't look bad to me at all - unless you expect him to look like he's in stage makeup all the time. I think sometimes you get people going back and looking at stuff from months prior, and going "Oh yeah, I can totally tell he was really sick" because of what happened afterwards, when he really was just looking normal and "dressed down."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    Don't know if anybody's seen this yet but Bob Seger's done another tribute to Glenn in the lyric video of his new single "I Knew You When". He ends the video with a picture of him and Glenn together and it sounds like he wrote it about Glenn and his friendship too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fAYZvrIHkg
    I've been wonderfully impressed with Seger's songs about Glenn, and the project overall. He is indeed a true friend; you don't often see this level of effort put forth. Most times, you're lucky if you get a dedication in small print.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    He didn't look bad to me at all - unless you expect him to look like he's in stage makeup all the time. I think sometimes you get people going back and looking at stuff from months prior, and going "Oh yeah, I can totally tell he was really sick" because of what happened afterwards, when he really was just looking normal and "dressed down."
    Yes,I agree.

In this interview last year with Cameron, it's clear how much he loved and respected Glenn, they go way back and it was sweet that he gave major props to Glenn. Not sure if people know this (I didn't ) but CC ultimately changed his mind about which part he wanted Glenn to play. Glenn loved doing the movie and spending time in Phoenix during filming following orders to "play golf and work on his tan".
    Last edited by Dawn; 02-26-2018 at 02:20 PM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Unfortunately, the Cameron Crowe clip is region-locked for me. What does he say?

I don’t know how many Borderers are familiar with country artist Collin Raye but he was well-known during the 90s for several hit songs, including a few #1s like “Love, Me.”

He wrote his autobiography in 2014 and in it described meeting Glenn at a bowling fundraiser in Nashville (I believe Shun posted a picture of this event somewhere).

...when I walked in someone pointed out Glenn Frey. I was amazed that Frey would come to a country event, but there he was in all his glory. When I got up the courage to meet him, I found him to be a simply wonderful man. He knew who I was without having to be told and was extremely complimentary. He said he listened to my albums and that I sang really well, which, honestly, was perhaps the greatest compliment of my life.
    He goes on to say that he sees Glenn again at the DFW airport and was moved that Glenn recognized him.

”A Voice Undefeated” by Collin Raye, 2014

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Thanks for posting that, Delilah. I do remember Colin, and am glad he told the story of how kind Glenn was to him. Many other artists (and regular folks) have done the same. It confirms what we already knew, but such stories always bring a smile to my face!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks for this too Delilah!!! As I said in the Randy thread I love Collin and his music and that is so awesome he had great experiences meeting Glenn and Randy.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

@Delilah -- Love this! I love Collin's music and he's always struck me as being a very good guy. Thanks for sharing it!

Lovely story. Thanks, Delilah!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for posting that Delilah. I just got around to reading it and it brought a smile to my face. Honestly, I'm not familiar with Collin Raye at all, but I sure do agree with his sentiment that Glenn was a simply wonderful man.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016