0 0%
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Default Re: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

"It could be Russia could be China or a 400 pound man on his bed"

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

That was a nice moment of levity.

Mrs. Clinton did very well, as expected. As much as I like her as a person and think she's more than competent to be president, I just can't vote for someone who is not going to enforce the immigration laws.

I don't think I can vote for Trump either, he's unstable. Gotta be Lynda Carter then. Only Wonder Woman can save us.
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 09-28-2016 at 11:24 AM.

I'm only catching bits and pieces of the VP debate, but I'll probably get the highlights later. Geez, I wouldn't have as much of a problem voting Pence for President. He can actually articulate his thoughts with coherent sentences and responses. I couldn't imagine hearing a State of the Union from Trump.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

There was never much doubt that Pence would be a better debater than Trump(it helps that Pence is an actual Conservative). Kaine, however, is quite underwhelming as a debater, and makes Clinton look like one of the debating greats by comparison.

My guess is Trump gains about a point or two nationally from his VP's performance, only to drop by margins greater than his gains after Sunday's town hall debate with Clinton, where he has already indicated he will bring up Bill Clinton's infidelities(that'll go over well with the average voters who comprise the debate hall audience).
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

I thought Pence did an ok job but ultimately favored Kaine. I agree though that Pence has way more self-restraint (and IMO common sense) than Trump.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

In a campaign that has withstood attacks on Hispanics, prisoners of war, female journalists, disabled people, Muslims, the military, among many others, this new audio of Trump talking about how he, as a star, can grope anyone he likes should finally mark the end of him, his campaign, and his brand.

I'm glad this is finally out there--Confirms everything I've suspected about him and then some. For the next 4 1/2 weeks, I won't be worrying a bit about the prospect of a President Donald J. Trump. Much as I disagree with Clinton, I'll be glad for the country that we can finally be able to call someone "Madame President."
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Just catching up on the latest on Trump...

A leaked video shows him off camera making very vulgar, rude, lewd comments about and towards women and is really disgusting. Yes it's locker room guy-to-guy talk, but much like you leave the school that has locker rooms, you'd like to think you leave that mentality in your early adult/post-adelescent years in said locker room.

I think he is a vile person and there is no way I'd ever vote for him. And I've felt that way for a long time. This was just icing on a already heavily iced cake. This wasn't the deciding factor for me, but I'd bet dollars to donuts it is for some. He's always been known as a misogynistic guy and the comments he's made more publicly are disgusting and this was just a glimpse into what he's really like behind closed doors (not saying his public behavior is much better).

I don't think for a minute he has grown up or feels sorry for the comments he made. I think he's sorry this got leaked and was caught when we are not far at all from election day. It couldn't have come at a worse time for him. Boo hoo. This next debate ought to be pretty darn interesting. I certainly will be watching.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Republicans are dumping Trump en masse. Pence is now rumoured to be considering abandoning the ticket, marking the first time since Democrat Thomas Eagleton in 1972 that a VP has abandoned a major party ticket. My personal expectation is that Trump loses in a landslide similar to George McGovern's '72 loss. My guess? Clinton wins the Electoral College 511-27 over Trump, 54-36 in the popular vote(Johnson takes around 10%).

Have spent over a year considering which song sums up the Trump phenomenon. While I'm not any closer to figuring that part out, I do have a song that sums up Trump himself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOqblSqx_VI

Donald Trump: Nearly a laugh, but really a cry.
    All carrot, no stick.

So now old Trump has Bill Clinton's "accusers" at the press conference with him on each side and they will be in the audience when Chelsea and Bill will be watching Hillary. That's just low and dirty. Hillary and Bill (and Chelsea) don't deserve that.

I think it's only fair they play the ENTIRE bus tape before this shindig starts. And I think they shouldn't censor it at all. Start with a disclaimer for kids in the room about the language and then play it in full without censors. The world needs to hear how dirty, low, and unpresidential Donald J. Trump is. It's sickening.

Go Hillary, I hope you take him to the cleaners yet again. This will not knock her off of her game, as much as "the Donald" would like to think it will. I'm sure Trump supporters and Hillary haters will love it, but it is not the right thing to do.

Trump won the debate with this line.

"Honest Abe never lied that's why he was honest and that's the difference between him and u."

Every time he took Hillary to the cleaners she smiles.