Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: "Cass County" Survivor Game

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: "Cass County" Survivor Game

I will have to stick with Too Much Pride.

I just can't hardly listen to that vibrato. I really like the song and am sorry he chose to add that to it.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I just truly hate, hate hated When I Stop Dreaming & just disliked Hymns. Don just wasn't Don in either of those songs. I think it was because he didn't write those songs so his passion didn't come through on those songs.
    When I saw him in November I really just wanted to go to the ladies room when he sang Dreaming. It was even worse since he was singing a song about long lost love with a girl much too young so the meaning just made you go OKAYYY plus he was really straining to hit it. Granted it was the last date on the tour & now knowing what was going on with Glenn I can give him a pass.

The young ladies he has singing back-up for him have great voices but it is cringe-worthy because they are singing some intimate songs with a guy who can be their grandfather. He usually used back-up singers that were closer to his age & didn't interact with them to this extent. I think Don became enamoured with their degree more so that the correct fit. Yes I said it but if he tours close enough to me this summer I will go again just bring ear plugs for Dreaming.

Once again, I vote for Bramble Rose.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

I will again vote for She Sang Hymns Out of Tune. No offense to Don's grandmother

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    I just truly hate, hate hated When I Stop Dreaming & just disliked Hymns. Don just wasn't Don in either of those songs. I think it was because he didn't write those songs so his passion didn't come through on those songs.
    When I saw him in November I really just wanted to go to the ladies room when he sang Dreaming. It was even worse since he was singing a song about long lost love with a girl much too young so the meaning just made you go OKAYYY plus he was really straining to hit it. Granted it was the last date on the tour & now knowing what was going on with Glenn I can give him a pass.

The young ladies he has singing back-up for him have great voices but it is cringe-worthy because they are singing some intimate songs with a guy who can be their grandfather. He usually used back-up singers that were closer to his age & didn't interact with them to this extent. I think Don became enamoured with their degree more so that the correct fit. Yes I said it but if he tours close enough to me this summer I will go again just bring ear plugs for Dreaming.
    "Yes I said it..." lol...funny. We know you love Don anyway!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    "Yes I said it..." lol...funny. We know you love Don anyway!
    Well..yea...LOL!

All this discussion has made me go back and listen to the album to see what I liked and didn't like when it first came out, and what I liked after listening to it more and more. I like more of the album now than I did before, and there's actually not a lot I don't like. That's why I'm voting for Too Far Goneagain! It just drags on for me.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I will again vote for She Sang Hymns Out Of Tune. I was interested to hear that it reminded Don of his grandmother, so I do now understand why he wanted to include it on the album, but the song just doesn't do it for me. I tend to agree with what everyone else who has voted for it has said.

Since it looks like She Sang Hymns is going down (which saddens me greatly) I'll vote once more for Where I am now

I'm voting for She Sang Hymns Out of Tune.