Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: "Cass County" Survivor Game

Border Rebel

Default Re: "Cass County" Survivor Game

Words Can Break Your Heart.

Border Troubadour

I completely understand where you're coming from, Soda - I'm exactly the same, the lyrics have to make sense to me. Having said that I'm going to contradict myself and say that I still like 'Bramble Rose' . As 'Words can break your heart' may be going down, I'll vote for

'Too far gone' - another that you just know Don wouldn't have written.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Border Rebel

I agree, Soda. I really struggled with the meaning of the lyrics for Bramble Rose at first, and then I finally just kind of gave up and figured Don was getting something in them that I wasn't. There are 4 songs on this album that have lyrics I'm not fond of: Bramble Rose, Words Can Break Your Heart, She Sang Hymns out of Tune, and Waiting Tables. I haven't even mentioned Waiting Tables yet, since no one has brought it up, so I'll save my comments on that one!

ETA: I love Too Far Gone! Don's voice sounds so sultry and sexy on it. And I want to scream at the girl in the song, "Are you crazy? Remember your old love -it's DON HENLEY! Why would anyone want to pick a new love???"

I am stupid..mis read & through Bramble Rose was eliminated. I again vote for Bramble Rose.

I love Words.
    Last edited by jms18222; 03-31-2016 at 02:41 PM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

There are still a lot of votes out and it's definitely not too late to eliminate Bramble Rose. So for those who want to save Words Can Break Your Heart and Too Far Gone, then it's time to ban together and ...

Vote for Bramble Rose!

I will definitely join in to eliminate it this time if my vote will make a difference.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Bramble Rose again for me.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Too Far Gone, again.

Border Desperado

Bramble Rose isn't my least favorite of the songs remaining, but I really do like Trisha's harmonies in Words and don't want to see it voted off just yet.

So, I cast my vote for Bramble Rose and urge others to vote likewise and save Words.

I adore 'Too Far Gone' - it doesn't matter to me that Don didn't write it - he just sounds so good on it (sultry and sexy as Maryc said !!) and I just imagine he's singing it to me Also, the way he sings the word 'gone'.....sigh......

I also love Words - Don and Trisha - what more do you want ??? I wouldn't say it was trite. As CC is an old fashioned album, he seemed to have went back to the 80'/90's sound for this song.

But this round, I'll vote for Bramble Rose. I like this one as well, love the harmonica bit but to save the other songs, it has to go
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post

And I want to scream at the girl in the song, "Are you crazy? Remember your old love -it's DON HENLEY! Why would anyone want to pick a new love???"

THIS I completely relate to!!!!! She has to be crazy!!!

But I just think it's the melody that doesn't do it for me and I have listed my songs in preference and unfortunately 'Too far gone' is next to go for me.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...