Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25, 2015

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County due in Sept

I found Tift Merritt version of Bramble Rose on Youtube.

I know Don will put his little spin to it, but I'm trying to picture myself hearing Mick and Don singing this song.

I probably will look the other songs that were recorded by other artist to get the feel of the song.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mfNiEtJBrU[/ame]

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County due in Sept

This is much the same, a little different spin. Personally, I like the name of the URL. If Don could save country music I might start listening to it again.

http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/do...-collaborators
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I'm anxious to hear his duet with Dolly Parton.

I wish that he would've gotten Reba McEntire to a duet with him. Imo, that'd be really awesome.
    He did one with her on her duets album, but I love Reba (and Don, of course. ). I'd love to hear another one!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    He did one with her on her duets album, but I love Reba (and Don, of course. ). I'd love to hear another one!
    What's the name of the song he did with her? I must admit that even though I love Reba, I'm not familiar with her duet album.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    What's the name of the song he did with her? I must admit that even though I love Reba, I'm not familiar with her duet album.
    Break Each Other's Hearts Again. Its a beautiful song. Don sound a little different. I almost didn't recognize him. Its like he dropped his singing voice just a little.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNZmrJzZ38Y[/ame]

WOW I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS IS FINALLY HAPPENING!! YEAH!!!!
    ~Sara

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Break Each Other's Hearts Again. Its a beautiful song. Don sound a little different. I almost didn't recognize him. Its like he dropped his singing voice just a little.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNZmrJzZ38Y
    , I agree that it's a beautiful song.

If Don sounds like that on Cass County, I might start liking his singing voice more than Glenn's. I think that sounds better with that little difference.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

In one of the interviews Don says 'I’m looking forward to whatever comes next…I’m still goofy enough to hope that my best work is ahead of me' ~ I love that attitude so much ~ this is a man who never says 'Hey I've achieved so much I can just sit back and do nothing now.' He always wants to keep creating.
    ~Sara

Stuck on the Border

I will go against the grain & say that the song I am most looking forward to is Bramble Rose with Sir Mick on vocals & harmonica. I must apologise to all my American friends. I have heard of most of these artists but I have never heard any of their songs. American country music means virtually nothing where I live.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

In the words of Shania Twain, most of them 'don't impress me much'. I don't dislike them, either. Merle Haggard, of course, is a favorite. One or two of them, I have no idea what they've sung, either, so I can't make a judgment. I like a lot of what Dolly Parton has done, but she has a habit of over doing it sometimes. Still, even ones I don't care for, I know they do a fantastic job on this album, because otherwise, Don wouldn't have let their songs make the cut.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.