Page 7 of 302 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Troub, I will certainly pray for your grandparents. I went through a difficult time with my grandfather, years ago, when he was losing his memory. I also know how family can be!

Sorry about Jake as well.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    aw, so sorry about Jake.

Losing parents and grandparents is so hard. Prayers to everyone for a wonderful Friday and the weekend is almost here!

thanks for all your encouragements. Some days what I do is really awesome...most days are. Once in a while we have a real stinker of a day!
    Tell me about it SC! I think it's that way for most of it. But I remember one lovely teacher I knew when she was moving in a promotion to a new school that was nearer her home and the advice she gave was 'we all have bad days here, but all you can do is pick yourself up, dust yourself off and go backnin for another day'. And you know, it helps!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Troub - Sorry about Jake. We had to have one of our dogs put down for the same reason. It turns out that his siblings were the same, we got him from someone giving him away and then he turned on us.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I thought I'd jump on this morning and try to catch up.

SC, I hope that student will 'wake up' and realize that she is being given a second chance at your school. It sounds like you stayed so calm. Do you ever worry about your safety?

Troub, sorry to hear about Jake. I always wonder what makes some animals bite like that. Sounds like the right thing was done, though. Can't risk a child getting bit.

I'm so sorry to hear that your gramdmother's Alzheimer's is progressing more quickly that you hoped. I continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Hope you enjoy your weekend with your friends, and good luck to you as you begin your teaching career!

I have been enjoying this week off from work, but it's gone by so fast! So far I've kept busier than I intended, doing small organizing projects around the house. Sunday Hubby and I went to Kickapoo State Park and walked a trail for a couple hours and then ate a packed lunch at one of the picnic areas. It was good to get out among the trees and nature. Wednesday I had a fun shopping day and yesterday I got my hair done. Today I'm just going to take it easy and do whatever I feel like!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

My first week on the job went smoothly! I'm already exhausted from all the driving, though. I'm going to need to move sooner rather than later.

Troub, while I'm excited for you as you begin this new chapter of your life, I'm also sorry to hear about your poor grandparents. I hope that never happens to my parents but I know it's become almost commonplace. Dreamer's mother also went through this for a few years before she died. So awful. Your family is in my prayers.

Hearing about Jake breaks my heart, too. What a shame!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

PM - sounds like you had a very relaxing, rewarding & rejuvenating staycation! Those can be the best! And I love it when I get some organizing done.

Soda - So sorry to hear about the commute. For you who will drive anywhere for hours without complaint, it MUST be long & tiring. Are there any nice cities halfway between Memphis & there?

Halfway? No. Olive Branch is closer, but the commute would still be almost an hour.

There are cities halfway, but they are very small. It's more accurate to call them towns. While living in the countryside has its virtues, I want to be close to restaurants, coffee houses, entertainment venues, an airport... the towns in between are so small they don't even have movie theaters (maybe a couple restaurants, some of which are only open on weekends).

Right now I'm leaning towards Olive Branch. I have a friend there who also works at the college and we can carpool. However, it's still quite a commute.

Despite the inconvenience of location, this new college is such a vast step up from my prior position that it's well worth it. I just have to figure out how much I want to compromise when it comes to commute vs. town size. It's not even the length of the drive that bothers me - after all, as you say, I drive long distances often - but the cost of gas is killer. We're talking about $100 a week.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I totally did not think @ the cost, that is a lot per week. What about commuting to OB, picking up your friend & then sharing the gas cost from there. I don't know if that would be feasible or make a big difference in cost but it might be worth a try if your friend is willing.

Hope you find a happy solution. I am so happy for you regarding the better position! !

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm really glad your first week went well Soda and I hope you find a nice place to live that is nearer the college. My commute is a 35 mile round trip daily and I spend about €80 per week (about $100) on gas, or petrol as we call it. I'd love to get a more economical car but the kids won't hear of selling 'Bluebell' and I ave heard (here as well as other places) that the focus is a great car to walk away from if you get a bang!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I have completely lost my mind. I hope I don't do this every time I have a crappy week.

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.