Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMEX which is best?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: AMEX which is best?

Maybe I will check that out then FP. Thanks
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

GA, I'm sorry I wasn't more clear! ANY AmEx card (even those with hotels and airlines, etc) will get you a presale ticket. However, American Express also reserves seats (not VIP or those designated for Official Platinum) for the various levels of cards. If you put in the 800 for a gold card you get one set of seats, the number for Platinum you get another set of seats. So what I was saying, people get the 800 numbers off the net, so you can get these seats as long as you check out with any AmEx card. It's not really fair, and maybe some day they'll fix it, but I doubt it. If you don't put in any 800 number, you just get regular presale seats (but you need an AmEx card to check out with).

I've gotten some really awesome seats at concerts through AmEx presales with the gold card number...just not to any Eagles concerts.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I do try to have traveler's cheques for convertible cash whenever I am in a foreign country. I don't like to carry too much cash currency.

Amex offers both regular traveler's cheques, (that you must sign for the vendor yourself before leaving your purchase transaction)---and also Amex Gift Cheques--which are possible to purchase and to assign (unsigned)--(to give to a different person unsigned)-- for the different person other than yourself to sign--and for the different person to cash independently of you.

I have an answer from Ticketmaster American Express online to your question about what you get with an Amex card for tickets: The information you've asked about can be found at = ticketmaster.com/americanexpress

For Ticketmaster Ticket Pre-sales--all American Express cards, including an Amex pre-paid card, can be used.

For Preferred Seating--(of the Amex personal cards) Gold and Platinum American Express cards can be used,, but not the standard Amex Green card. and not new Amex Basic card, which, I think, is a "Blue" card(??)--There is now a Blue card--maybe that is the new one?? An Amex pre-paid card cannot be used for this card member benefit option with Ticketmaster.
    --What other Amex cards, other than the Personal Amex Gold card and the Personal Amex Platinum card, can someone use to get this benefit--the preferred seating option?? There are also a number of Amex business cards mentioned here, and some Amex/airline card holder cards, too--

To get the cardmember benefit(s), you must (in addition to holding an Amex card) pay for your ticket(s) with your Amex card.

International Amex card holders/members also do qualify to get the ticket benefits briefly-mentioned above--this is from an online query at Ticketmaster American Express--it is the current description of the ticket-purchasing benefits, and it goes into detail about exactly which other types of card (not mentioned here) could be used to acquire these ticket purchase options.
    Last edited by Lisa; 01-14-2015 at 11:08 PM.