Page 300 of 301 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301 LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think all the ads flying around are screwing it up for me, as it hasn't worked on multiple tries, but I think I probably know the story anyway!

It's true that in terms of feuding, the Eagles are in good company. Felder is definitely the more dramatic in terms of feuding. Glenn just gave him the cold shoulder; Henley would make the occasional cutting remark in the press, but largely, he did the same. Not much drama there. Felder was the one who wrote the tell-all, took the digs on social media, made the passive aggressive statements in the press, and wrote the song "You Don't Have Me." He knew how to feud.
    Sorry about the problems with the page. It loads for me but the part about the Eagles doesn’t show automatically—I have to click on an extra link.

The article discusses the VOL recording episode, the Cranston benefit, the disputes over revenue-sharing and the lawsuits. It only touches on what’s been going on since (“the wounds never healed”) and quotes Felder’s statement after Glenn’s death:

When Frey died in January 2016, Felder paid him a warm tribute in the Associated Press. "I had always hoped somewhere along the line, he and I would have dinner together, talking about old times and letting it go with a handshake and a hug."

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

That's an interesting, eyebrow-raising article. How do you get to the Eagles section though? My page ends at Nicky Minaj and some person I've never heard of.

OT: Sir Elton was brilliant at the bitchy quips, wasn't he? I hope he's alright - he's been worrying silent about Donald Trump using "Rocket Man" to insult Kim Jon-un.

When I click the link the first article is about Pink Floyd, but if you click on load previous right above their passage it is the Eagles story.

Thank you! It didn't work that way for me, but I appreciate you being helpful

Hmm, I guess they are all different; it worked for me that way twice. Oh well, it was worth a try. You are welcome, by the way.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    WOW - I never read those lyrics before. No guessing who he is talking about. Is the song on Airborne ? I do not have the cd/album.
    Soda - You are so right, he sure does know how to feud - for 16 years !
    You Don't Have Me is from Road To Forever.

Also remember the way he behaved right after Glenn died when the Grammy tribute was arranged. He whined that he wasn't part of it. As usual, it was all about him, despite any tribute he may also have paid.

You know, it's kind of odd. Bernie and Randy had just as much reason to stay PO'ed at Glenn as Don. Look at the circumstances under which they left the band. But they made it up with Glenn. No hard feelings. I mean, Glenn (and maybe others) helped pay Randy's medical bills. He was under no obligation to do that. And he and Bernie apparently had buried the hatchet, too. That kind of tells you who's really behind the animosity, here.

I feel like if Don had picked up the phone and said, "You know Glenn, let's just grab a beer and talk," I think Glenn would have given him the opportunity. And if Don had just said, "Look. We were both strung out on coke and we were jackasses. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said and done what I did. I was wrong," then I think Glenn would have responded in kind, and even if they never worked together again, they'd have been cool. And, Don wouldn't have those regrets. And in spite of some of his whining, I think he does have regrets, but now it's too late. And people who know they've behaved badly and don't want to own it sometimes whine about it. Glenn came out and said in HOTE that he knew he hadn't handled things very well. He was absolutely open about it, which leads me to believe a sincere apology from DF would have also received one.

And you know what? We don't know if Glenn, especially when he realized how sick he was, but before he went into the hospital the last time, may have tried to reach out to Don and was rebuffed. We just don't know. (Because, I guarantee Don will never tell if he did, because it would make him look really bad.)

As I said on another thread, I think the takeaway from this very sad situation is to be sure you make your amends before it's too late.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    You know, it's kind of odd. Bernie and Randy had just as much reason to stay PO'ed at Glenn as Don. Look at the circumstances under which they left the band. But they made it up with Glenn. No hard feelings. I mean, Glenn (and maybe others) helped pay Randy's medical bills. He was under no obligation to do that. And he and Bernie apparently had buried the hatchet, too. That kind of tells you who's really behind the animosity, here.

I feel like if Don had picked up the phone and said, "You know Glenn, let's just grab a beer and talk," I think Glenn would have given him the opportunity. And if Don had just said, "Look. We were both strung out on coke and we were jackasses. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said and done what I did. I was wrong," then I think Glenn would have responded in kind, and even if they never worked together again, they'd have been cool. And, Don wouldn't have those regrets. And in spite of some of his whining, I think he does have regrets, but now it's too late. And people who know they've behaved badly and don't want to own it sometimes whine about it. Glenn came out and said in HOTE that he knew he hadn't handled things very well. He was absolutely open about it, which leads me to believe a sincere apology from DF would have also received one.

And you know what? We don't know if Glenn, especially when he realized how sick he was, but before he went into the hospital the last time, may have tried to reach out to Don and was rebuffed. We just don't know. (Because, I guarantee Don will never tell if he did, because it would make him look really bad.)

As I said on another thread, I think the takeaway from this very sad situation is to be sure you make your amends before it's too late.
    Perhaps, but I suspect Felder was probably blocked from being able to call Glenn after he was fired.

Yeah, as far as we know, Bernie and Randy didn't get into extended legal battles with the Eagles. When lawyers get involved, it gets way more complicated.

It certainly does, NMB. No doubt about that.