The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Eagles Discussion Areas > Eagles

Eagles Hang out on The Border with the Eagles.

Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM   #1371
groupie2686
Border Desperado

Default Re: Eagles videos on YouTube or other sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottside View Post
They didn't play at every show, but they did at this particular one. They also played "Turn To Stone" which was a nice surprise. However, from my remembrances of this one, I have more bad memories from it than good ones. The set list was fantastic, the performances not their best (Glenn had pitch problems throughout most of the night on his lead vocals) and the crowd was just obnoxious. And it was 100 degrees outside and not much cooler inside!
I'd like to see them doing it, older. I can't imagine...sorry you had a bad time though!
groupie2686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM   #1372
YoungEaglesFan
Border Desperado

Quote:
Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
They played James Dean on the F1 tour? I didn't think they played this at all after the 70s. It seemed to me that certain songs like James Dean, Good Day in Hell, and Outlaw Man, for example, were dropped out of the setlist post-reunion. I've wondered if this is because they only played the big hits after that, or did they feel like they were too old to perform these anymore. There is something about the above three songs that says youth to me.
I agree. I would love if they had played those songs but itís a sense of fun and youth that is not natural to them at this age. But Those Shoes is kinda similar in that itís not something they would write now and itís more rock. So maybe they could pull it off
YoungEaglesFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM   #1373
thelastresort
Border Troubadour

Both Turn to Stone and James Dean feature on one of the F1-era audio bootlegs on the main Eagles Online Central don't they?
thelastresort is offline   Reply With Quote