Page 54 of 145 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Banned

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Oh, here we go again, YEF. I knew this post was coming. You're true to form.

The YEF posting model:

1. Post something argumentative / controversial.

2. Make a few more argumentative posts, stoking the flame.

3. Once it gets heated, apologize profusely and say you didn't mean to upset anyone.

4. Cry foul when people are still upset with you, point to your apology/apologies as proof of your innocence, and complain how unfair everyone is to you.

Rinse and repeat.

It's happened too many times to be due to ignorance at this point. You're no longer a newbie. Some of us are onto you, and have lost patience with you. Your apologies now seem insincere, and your controversial statements now come off as trolling... at least to me. Tread carefully.

I remember getting a post like this and thinking that the moderators should get involved.... then I realized that it was the moderators that were posting it!

It's not the Eagles without Glenn Frey.

Somebody needs to check the billboards

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I remember getting a post like this and thinking that the moderators should get involved.... then I realized that it was the moderators that were posting it!

Spare me. You are just as bad as YEF. I agree with Soda 110%.

PS: the billboard thing doesn’t matter. Just because it says one thing it doesn’t change the fact it’s a fraud. In fact, that’s the problem. It’s not the Eagles.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    It's just such a part of me. I'm a pretty closed off person. I don't let many people in my circle lol. When reality gets tough, I try to deal with it, get it out of the way, and then retreat to my head. It's a blessing and a curse. A blessing in that I can distract myself with the thought of something better. I've also fought negative thoughts for years, which is the curse part I guess. I fight it a lot but I'm a big believer in meditation and/or some type of relaxation strategy that involves just shutting everything out and staying in your head and visualize things to help yourself clear your mind. I also think it's very healthy to do so, not wrong.

I think a lot of people are afraid to be imaginative, etc for fear of feeling crazy or feeling like they are too "realistic" for it or it's a sign of a crazy person. Not true.

As far as sharing things online, I'm muuuuuch more social, open, and comfortable online because I most often don't know these people and those who do know me from here, well I'm ok with them knowing this. The others, really I will never know so it's not a problem. I'm more likely to share things online than in person. I'm kind of like the person in the song Desperado. I have fences. I've been burned too many times to just let them down for anyone. I'm ok with being me.
    What impressed me was the way you handled the situation. Somebody criticized something you said in some way - don't remember who or what it was and it's irrelevant - and instead of going "No, no, no, what I meant was..." and perhaps changing your story to "beat" the other person (something I see every day in the internet) you basically said, "sure, that's who I am".

It's also interesting that I see a bit of myself in what you have said. Being "in your head", fighting negative thoughts etc...
    Last edited by chaim; 12-31-2017 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Spare me. You are just as bad as YEF. I agree with Soda 110%.

PS: the billboard thing doesn’t matter. Just because it says one thing it doesn’t change the fact it’s a fraud. In fact, that’s the problem. It’s not the Eagles.
    I agree.

Yesterday was the 30 day mark to the 2nd Anniversary of Glenn Frey's passing. It still feels surreal.

Bottom Line: Nothing the current lineup says or does can change the fact that for me the Eagles without Glenn Frey is not the Eagles.

Not today. Not tomorrow. Not ever.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

The statement in red comes from my post.Yes, I bolded it & increased the size (I repeated Soda's statement from page 215). Why did you go to all the trouble of retyping what I wrote, instead of just quoting me? Or quoting Soda, for that matter? I am pretty sure that I can say that she stands by what she wrote, as do I.

As opposed to the endless posts by you over the last two years which have caused people like me nothing but hurt. Never mind. I stand corrected by you.

I am sure Soda will respond accordingly to your apparent criticism of her post as a moderator/admin.
    Last edited by Freypower; 12-19-2017 at 07:50 PM.

Jeez Funk ... why are you here if only to purposefully antagonize and browbeat? What does that say about YOU?

One word. BULLY

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

If you want to complain about what the faux Eagles are charging as well as talking about how wrong it is that they are even on the stage in the first place, much less charging MORE, feel free to let it rip over here. I think if we get too deep about legitimacy in the ticket thread, it will take that one off topic.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    What impressed me was the way you handled the situation. Somebody criticized something you said in some way - don't remember who or what it was and it's irrelevant - and instead of going "No, no, no, what I meant was..." and perhaps changing your story to "win" the other person (something I see every day in the internet) you basically said, "sure, that's who I am".

It's also interesting that I see a bit of myself in what you have said. Being "in your head", fighting negative thoughts etc...
    Me too. Full points for bravery, Austin! And you accept the way you are, which is an accomplishment in itself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    If you want to complain about what the faux Eagles are charging as well as talking about how wrong it is that they are even on the stage in the first place, much less charging MORE, feel free to let it rip over here. I think if we get too deep about legitimacy in the ticket thread, it will take that one off topic.

Sorry Soda. I will stay out of that thread. I should have stayed out of it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Me too. Full points for bravery, Austin! And you accept the way you are, which is an accomplishment in itself.
    Indeed.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten