Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Celebration of The Confessor

Default Re: Celebration of The Confessor

Quote Originally Posted by RamboIV View Post
    Here's a fun video of Joe promoting the record on Letterman in 1985. Apparently he was "moving some of these boys". I wonder why he never talks about the actual records in these late night interviews. Or even perform songs from them!

Anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq-3xOLVQ6k

Yes - playing "Life in the Fast Lane" instead of a song off The Confessor or even a solo song?

Cute interview. Dave apologizes for talking about something besides chainsaws but I'm like "YES THANK YOU." That was old in 1985 and in 2017 it's still the freaking lead-in on every freaking interview he does!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I find that The Confessor has some good songs, but it's uneven and could have been developed further. The initial few songs sound a bit Joe by numbers and not trying hard enough. The Confessor (title track) starts very well and sounds like it's going to be a classic, but I think the second bit isn't as good as the first bit. The last few songs are good.

It's an album that I think I'd like a lot if I played it over and over. But, I haven't done so.

Given how Joe was descending into alcoholism, it is notable that he did something as good as he did.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    It's an album that I think I'd like a lot if I played it over and over. But, I haven't done so.....
    I thought that too, Annoying Twit and I did play it Over And Over, solidly for several months. I never did get to 'like it a lot'.

I really appreciated how Joe kept churning out albums even through his barren years ("I'll keep on going though I'll never know why").

It's been a challenging experience watching Joe regain his mojo and return to his former greatness in the 21st Century, yet have very little new music recorded to document it.