Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15, 2017

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Classic West Los Angeles - July 15, 2017

I totally agree about the younger girls and Deacon, and mostly since I'm one of the younger generation fans. LOL I'm at the weird age being 30 and now liking guys (both famous & not) the same age, older, and younger where it used to be just older. LOL And how much I loved his dad.

But about Deacon's height that can skip a generation or two. Happened with a lot of guys I know. I too would've loved to hear him sing "Tequila Sunrise" and love how he calls the guys his uncles too.

Thanks again Shun for all the vids and posts!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Well when you've known these guys since you were in diapers. Yeah. They are your uncles. It kinda funny that I always wonder what the Eagles' children had called their fathers' bandmates when they were growing up. They were basically like their adopted uncles you've known since they were younger.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Buffy - Lol - too cute ! I think Deacon is cute too and I am old enough to be his Mom ! I can see all those young girls going nuts for him just like they did for Glenn when he was the same age.
    Shun - Thanks again for all your work and I agree. Deacon would have just turned 12 months when the guys did HFO in April 1994. I always wondered about how close all the kids were to the guys. However, Don's statement about being estranged from Glenn gave me pause so to speak.
    Deacon is 6'2" - so he towered over Glenn who was 5'9". I guess he got his height from Cindy's side of the family. I have seen pictures of his two brothers and they did not look much taller than him.
    Like I said earlier, I think it was no accident Deacon dressed the way he did. Perhaps to honor his Dad ?
    Don seemed very supportive of Deacon from what I saw. He kept coming over to him and talking to him. Vince's pat on the back was very sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I totally agree about the younger girls and Deacon, and mostly since I'm one of the younger generation fans. LOL I'm at the weird age being 30 and now liking guys (both famous & not) the same age, older, and younger where it used to be just older. LOL And how much I loved his dad.
    Buffyfan, your observation about age cracks me up! Not that I disagree It reminded me of Glenn's quote from the '79 RS interview - something to that same sentiment, about being 30 and there being so many more "available women." Ha!

UTW, some great shots on the Daily News link - thanks! I especially liked the one attached.

Also, Eagles Fastlane has posted some photos of Deacon from the rehearsals with Joe, courtesy of Joe's photog Philip Macias. Check 'em out. He is one good looking kid for sure.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

BJB, I forgot Glenn said that!!! LOL But it's accurate. Being just over 30 now and still single it does feel weird sometimes but still I'm not that old. It's just also weird too just how much you see a resemblance between the two and how I wasn't even born when Glenn looked that way and now Deacon does. My parents too also were like how I've seen on here and in the reviews that seeing the vids it felt like being in a time warp with Deacon looking like 70s Glenn and the others being how they are now.

And loved the pics on the FL page!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Deacon is 6'2" - so he towered over Glenn who was 5'9". I guess he got his height from Cindy's side of the family. I have seen pictures of his two brothers and they did not look much taller than him.
    Maybe Cindy just made sure Deacon got his vitamins

OT: what happened to Glenn's brothers, did they stay in Michigan? There was a recent post on FB from a guy who was friends with Matt Frey when they were young. He remembered the Eagles coming to dinner at the Frey home once when they were playing in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Buffy - Lol - too cute ! I think Deacon is cute too and I am old enough to be his Mom ! I can see all those young girls going nuts for him just like they did for Glenn when he was the same age.
    Shun - Thanks again for all your work and I agree. Deacon would have just turned 12 months when the guys did HFO in April 1994. I always wondered about how close all the kids were to the guys. However, Don's statement about being estranged from Glenn gave me pause so to speak.
    Like I said earlier, I think it was no accident Deacon dressed the way he did. Perhaps to honor his Dad ?
    Don seemed very supportive of Deacon from what I saw. He kept coming over to him and talking to him. Vince's pat on the back was very sweet.
    The guys' kids were probably close to each other since they would travel with this dads when they're not in school and probably sit by each other when their dads are on stage, With Don and Glenn's children being the youngest of the group, they probably closer to each other since by the time 2001 happened when they went back touring non stop until 2015, Timothy's and Joe's children(I don't know if Joe's boys went on tour with them when school was out) probably didn't go on tour that much as they got older and left home but that's a good question about if the guys were closed to their bandmates' children. I'm going to say yes.

I think the guys were very supportive of Deacon throughout the night. Making sure he was ok. Making sure he wasn't too nervous. I watched Don clapping big back behind them as they introduce Deacon. They were so proud of Deacon. I'm going back to what Timothy asked Deacon when they started to rehearse, "are you up for the task." Deacon said yes and he definitely up for it. He has played in front of a crowd before, but in front of whatever how many was there. That would be nerve racking.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

NMB - I remember when we were all talking about his brother's Matt's band, and if I remember right, his FB page stated that he lived in Calif. I saw when Glenn passed that a story said he lived in Phoenix.

Shun - I agree - it seemed like Don and Joe were very supportive to Deacon. I noticed that Don kept coming to him in between songs as did Joe, although Don more often from what I saw. I would bet that Deacon has probably not played before more than 100-200 people. From what Soda said, when she went to the HS benefit to see Glenn and Deacon, it was only a small number of people if I remember right. It must have been very over whelming for him playing before 50,000+ people. He did a great job and made both Cindy and Glenn proud.
    Anyone else think Deacon dressed like that on purpose in memory of his Dad? Sun glasses on top of his head, long hair, sports shirt, wrist bands evoking so many memories of his Dad when he was Deacon's age.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 07-19-2017 at 12:43 PM.

It looks like all the Classic West Eagles videos have now been removed from YT. I saw one of "I Can't Tell You Why" that I hadn't before, and I only watched it once. I liked it b/c Timothy had some dialogue before the song and he talks about how ICTYW began. He said he had bits and pieces of several songs but they (Glenn and Don) kept going back to this one bit that later became the first track on The Long Run. Anyway, I didn't know these little details (or maybe I just forgot). Also, I don't know how much talking Timothy did at past Eagles concerts.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

On the HotE tour, Timothy got to introduce Glenn during the band intros.