Page 9 of 166 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Banned

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Now that it's been confirmed, I expect any embargo has been lifted but no comments as yet.

Does anybody have Sirius Radio, Joe's on The Craig Ferguson Show next week.

https://twitter.com/TheCFergShow/sta...020416/photo/1

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I'm not so sure about Bernie's inclusion. In principle, absolutely but I'm not sure whether his songs would be an asset at a Stadium gig.
    Does he need 'his' songs? He only had one lead vocal and a bit of lead guitar on HOTE yet was out there for 14 songs IIRC. It was genuinely wonderful to see him back in the fold and I believe Glenn told him that it wasn't over so I can't see why they'd omit him again. Even if he just stands in as an extra rhythm guitarist and vocal harmony he'd definitely be an asset to proceedings.

(Edit - see his inclusion on Hotel California at the RRHOF induction)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

If this happens I would like to see Bernie included.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Now that it's been confirmed, I expect any embargo has been lifted but no comments as yet.

Does anybody have Sirius Radio, Joe's on The Craig Ferguson Show next week.

https://twitter.com/TheCFergShow/sta...020416/photo/1
    I heard a mention of this on Sirius xm radio this week. And I read about it in the aforementioned Billboard article. It's apparently true.

I'm going to try and catch the CF show with Joe Walsh. I hope he will have something to say about it by then. Thanks, F50.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Have there been any statements from actual Eagles yet?
    This is what I am waiting for, as well, AT. So far, I haven't seen anything from an Eagle. If it is just a rumour...well, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Well, it's happening!! There were naysayers but some of us were able to to read between the lines of all the interviews and put 2 and 2 together and what-not.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/bu...oobie-brothers

What a line-up! Eagles, Steely Dan, and Doobie Brothers the first night!
    Fleetwood Mac, Journey, and Earth Wind & Fire the 2nd Night!

I would love to to attend the West Coast dates. Too bad the Eagles and FM are on different days!

Thanks to everyone who has been following this closely and keeping us updated. You are the best!

Stuck on the Border

I'n not sure this counts as confirmation, although the absence of a statement saying it's untrue after a week could be seen as confirmation.

So it seems that Azoff has found a way of making it acceptable to Henley that they should perform as "Eagles" again. In several interviews, Henley has hinted that his solo tours don't make much money and I think it's obvious that performing at this show as "Eagles" will attract a much bigger fee and share of profits than "Don Henley" for much the same effort. Henley may be happy with being seen as just doing it for the money, but my guess is there will be some attempt to sell it in part as a tribute to Glenn with some of the profits given to charity in his name.

If it happens, I hope there will be more recognition of Glenn than the rather perfunctuary acknowledgement that Don has given in his solo shows. "This is for Glenn" and singing a song that he was always going to sing just wouldn't cut it. As for performing Glenn's songs, it would be appropriate to include a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Good call, CarolC! The Classic West concert is scheduled for July 15-16 at Dodger Stadium and the Classic East concert is scheduled for July 29-30 at Citi Field, NY.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/bu...oobie-brothers
    And, the choir sang "Amen!"

Personally, I never doubted the "leak" right from the get-go, and I'll tell you why. There were two things that led to this observation.

(1) The "leak" occurred right after the Tom Petty Musiccares picture of Henley and Stevie was released. They looked so comfortable together-more so than when she poses with LindsayB that's for sure. I know so they looked "comfortable" big deal. True, true. It made me think though when the "leak" broke that the looks on both their faces might have signified a shared secret rather than the "The Look of Love."

(2) Henley didn't squelch the rumor. Henley ' s silence was, as they say, deafening to me. When Henley said nothing, I knew.

So let's all stand up and sing:

"If you're happy and you know it clap your hands. If you're happy and you know it clap your hands. If you're happy and you know it, let's all show it. If"

...well just Thank you God. Now let's rejoice and exhale the "warm smell of colitas, rising up in the air" we've been waiting to exhale for far too long. Onward! There is musical magic to be made before we fade!

Let's just all Rockaway Blind!

Stay Tuned!

CarolC
    Last edited by carol7lynn; 03-11-2017 at 10:11 AM.

Stuck on the Border

I'm sorry, I can't join you in your celebrations. I accept that they are within their rights to move forward and to call themselves "Eagles". I also accept that there are many people who are looking forward to any version of the band, just as there are people who love Don Felder's tribute band. I can be thankful that Don, Joe and Timothy are still able and willing to perform. However, I do not feel like clapping and cheering; rather I feel sad and a little disappointed. I'm hoping that Don, Joe or Timothy will be able to give an explantion that will make sense of it for me.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I woke up last night @ 2:00 a.m. and for some unexplainable reason I got on FB and saw the news. I had a hard time going back to sleep. And it wasn't from excitement, it was from sadness. I have made plans to go if I can get a ticket but I am not sure it will be a totally joyous occasion except for seeing my friend.