Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Melbourne Australia

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Hello from Melbourne Australia

Welcome Jane!!! I agree with Tequila's post too and that was one of reasons I loved Glenn too. I grew up on their music (as my parents were fans) but as I got older and they reunited in the 90s I just gravitated towards Glenn.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Welcome to the Border Jane! It sounds like you will love it here, so enjoy!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by jane02 View Post
    I have been an Eagles fan since I was a teenager and first heard them on the radio on the way to school. I have been hooked ever since.
    I have been extremely fortunate to see Eagles live in concert four times in recent years. I enjoy other music but the Eagles have been my favourite band for four decades.
    Glenn Frey was always my favourite - those smouldering good looks and lay back manner. I loved the lyrics to his music and the fact he loved his wife and family so much.
    When he passed away in January, I was devastated. I felt like I had lost someone very close to me, who had shared my growing up years and helped me through them.
    I have been grieving quietly on my own but so happy to have found this forum so I do not feel so alone now.
    The information and knowledge that you all bring to this forum is amazing.
    Thanks for letting me join you all.
    Hi from Sydney, Jane. Your semtiments are lovely.

I saw Glenn at the Palais Theatre in 2013. I also went to one of the Farewell One shows at Rod Laver Arena in 2004.

Out on the Border

Thanks again everyone for such a warm welcome. I am finding great comfort in the Eagles music especially at the moment as my mum is terminally ill.
    At the age of 77 she is enjoying their music and is comforted by many of the songs - I tend to play her the more peaceful tracks when she is not feeling great.
    "Peaceful easy feeling" is her favourite at the moment.