Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Three Rivers Arts Festival Pittsburgh 6/6/12

Default Re: Three Rivers Arts Festival Pittsburgh 6/6/12

Comfort and style are not mutually exclusive... but it seems Timothy has not caught on to that fact yet.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

You're probably right, Soda. But when I read all of the curisoty comments about Timothy's shirt I can't help but think of Joe's "brick suit" from a few years back (okay, may more than a 'few' years). Now THERE was a questionable wardrobe choice, IMHO...and the shirt in question seems pretty tame in comparison.

I admit that it's difficult to figure out Timothy's shirt and it appears he may have been aiming for a layered look. All I know for sure is that I've got a few items in my wardrobe that I wear for the comfort factor rather than the style (although I don't usually leave the house when I have them on!).
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Oh my, that shirt! Again! Timothy, honey, please, as much as you must like it, it's just not attractive!

It really is very strange. I looked back at the pictures and it seems to be actually two shirts. Almost like a tank underneath the gauze one. I can see the need, possibly, to wear something under the gauze one, but that ugly, striped thing? Remember Glenn's gauzy white shirt from earlier days solo? I'm thinking he didn't wear anything ( ) under it at all! And I'm thinking....he looked hot! In more ways than one! I'm thinking Timothy could probably get by with that too!

zelda, sounds like you had a wonderful evening otherwise! Great review! Anxiously awaiting pics and video!

Here's Glenn's gauze shirt look:
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63...diana85-03.jpg
    Didn't want to take over Tim's thread here, so just peek.

ETA: And yes, VOL, the brick suit was quite something....not!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Brooke, I think Glenn's shirt is linen that is sopping wet with sweat. Still, a very "hot" look, though.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yeah, I think it's definitely a heavier fabric than gauze. Just trying to make a comparison! lol
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Joe has made several odd clothing choices over the years. I recall him wearing crazy hats & weird shirts & shoes ( I think for comic relief) but Timothy usually dresses well, but that outfit is a nightmare! Timothy please ditch that look!!!!!You are usually but that look has got to GO!

Okay, I went back and took a REALLY CLOSE look and it definitely does appear there is a stiped tank under the white shirt...and yes, he could lose the look. It's not the 'clean' lines we're accustomed to seeing on Timothy...but I suppose it could be worse. Again, IMO...

Victim of Love

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    I got to talk with his guitar player Hank Linderman after the show...seemed like a really nice guy...was talking about what a hard worker Timothy is and how hard it's been for him to get his voice back since that surfboard accident..how he trains with a vocal coach now and still has to work very hard every day...He also said no one in Timothy's family is with him on this tour...
    Sounds like a really wonderful time but I'm a bit disappointed to learn your friend didn't become a convert! I can only say 'To Each His Own'.

But how exciting that you got to speak with Hank! I've heard he's a really great guy, friendly with the fans, congenial. However, I was a little surprised to hear Tim was touring sans family, especially during the gigs in Pennsylvania since Jean is from there and still has a lot of family in the Philly area. She obviously had something important to do because I can't recall a time she hasn't gone on the road.

Victim of Love

here are some pics...I cannot take a pic of this man...sorry notice the head tilt!! probably the best one I took...when I was right up against the barrier

Zelda, You got some great pics! You were so close! What surfboard accident?