The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Off-Topic Discussion Areas > Singing for the Sake of the Song

Singing for the Sake of the Song Discuss anything related to other music acts, artists, bands, etc.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:01 PM   #1111
Annoying Twit
Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Stevie Nicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
About $600 AU.
Thanks for the info. That is a lot. But, if you enjoyed the experience, you'll have good memories forever.
Annoying Twit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:44 PM   #1112
Freypower
Stuck on the Border

Here's a nice review which fills you in on some stories, and has a couple of photos!

http://themusic.com.au/music/liverev...-jessica-dale/

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...08-gzh27e.html

And for the information of the Herald reviewer, Chrissie wasn't wearing a Tom Petty wig. That was her own hair. It's just not as black as it was when she was young.
Old 11-12-2017, 02:30 PM   #1113
Delilah
Stuck on the Border

Looks like there’s a new Stevie Nicks bio. This is from a recent review, a good indication of what to expect from the book.

Quote:
Stevie Nicks, now 69, is often referred to as the “Queen of Rock ’n’ Roll,” with more than 40 top-50 hits to her credit, both as part of the supergroup Fleetwood Mac and as a solo artist. But according to “Gold Dust Woman” (St. Martin’s Press, out Nov. 21) — a new biography by Stephen Davis — she did it all despite Buckingham’s bullying and abuse.

”Lindsay Buckingham’s abuse of Stevie Nicks detailed in new book” The New York Post, Nov. 11, 2017

Take it to the limit, one more time.
Delilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:23 PM   #1114
My My
Out on the Border

Delilah-Thanks for the link. It looks very interesting to say the least.
My My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:08 PM   #1115
YoungEaglesFan
Border Desperado

I think it’s more than fair to point out that this is taking a huge pro Stevie Nicks stance. There’s two sides to that story, though some of the things mentioned about Buckingham are not good
YoungEaglesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:55 PM   #1116
Delilah
Stuck on the Border

Yeah, that’s what I meant when I posted about what to expect from the book— a lot of focus on their relationship in a tawdry kind of way, with Lindsay looking bad.

Take it to the limit, one more time.
Delilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:29 PM   #1117
WalshFan88
Stuck on the Border

I have no doubt that Lindsey could be an @ss. That said, I don't know if he was evil, either. Maybe, I don't know. But maybe I just like to think the best in things.

I have a hard time sometimes with bios. I much prefer autobios. You can still be dealing the whole two sides to every story (just look at Heaven and Hell for that), but at least they know what they are talking about and were actually there. lol

I probably will pass on it. Not because of this but just because I find bios to be a mixed bag and there are a lot out there with incorrect information and biased to one member of a band, etc. I'm more interested in Stevie's story by her account.

"Just 'cuz ya wrote 'em don't mean you can play 'em!"- Joe Walsh

WalshFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:41 PM   #1118
sodascouts
Administrator

There's nothing new there - all overblown, dramatized reframing of stuff that's been said before. The only stuff that's truly disturbing - Lindsey going off on Stevie physically - the kicking incident of 1980, and the choking incident of 1987 - those are old news to hardcores.

And while I'm not justifying it, in the 1987 fight, Stevie attacked Lindsey first. She came at him and started beating on him and instead of acting like a man should - grabbing her wrists and pushing her away - he retaliated and then some. Once he had overpowered her, he should have stopped. Instead, he started to choke her!

Messed up stuff, but all in the past now.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten
sodascouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:08 AM   #1119
WalshFan88
Stuck on the Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
There's nothing new there - all overblown, dramatized reframing of stuff that's been said before. The only stuff that's truly disturbing - Lindsey going off on Stevie physically - the kicking incident of 1980, and the choking incident of 1987 - those are old news to hardcores.

And while I'm not justifying it, in the 1987 fight, Stevie attacked Lindsey first. She came at him and started beating on him and instead of acting like a man should - grabbing her wrists and pushing her away - he retaliated and then some. Once he had overpowered her, he should have stopped. Instead, he started to choke her!

Messed up stuff, but all in the past now.
Didn't know about that choking incident Soda. Wow. That is messed up.

"Just 'cuz ya wrote 'em don't mean you can play 'em!"- Joe Walsh

WalshFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote