Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An Evening with the Eagles @ Philips Arena in Atlanta, GA - October 20, 2017

Border Desperado

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Philips Arena in Atlanta, GA - October 20, 2017

Something I noticed in the intro to Take It Easy. This should put to bed any guesswork about how the band views the new guys. Joe Introduced Deacon Frey as "a new member of the band"...not guest, not anything other than a new member. So I guess Vince and Deacon are officially part of the Eagles.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: An Evening with the Eagles @ Philips Arena in Atlanta, GA - October 20, 2017

Wow - I do not know what to say to that. I was under the impression it was "Eagles and Friends".

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Wow - I do not know what to say to that. I was under the impression it was "Eagles and Friends".
    But it's never been billed as 'and friends'. It has been billed recently as 'Eagles with Deacon Frey & Vince Gill'.

Of course this was going to happen. I would prefer not to comment further.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    Something I noticed in the intro to Take It Easy. This should put to bed any guesswork about how the band views the new guys. Joe Introduced Deacon Frey as "a new member of the band"...not guest, not anything other than a new member. So I guess Vince and Deacon are officially part of the Eagles.
    I don't think that necessarily means they're officially Eagles. I've heard them refer to Steuart and other members of the backup band as part of the band, too.

Stuck on the Border

Could be just Joe being encouraging to Deacon. I don't think Deacon and/or Vince are actual members of the band. Members of the current live lineup, sure.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

I've many times heard 'touring members' (who aren't officially/legally members of the band) introduced as 'members of the band', so I wouldn't read too much into it.

However, if Eagles were to make Deacon (and Vince) official members of the band, then I think this would be a very reasonable thing to do.

Though, over on Eagles.com there are no more Eagles shows listed as upcoming. Is there anything announced? I must admit that I've not kept up with all the announcements. Lots of Tim and Joe solo, and a Don solo coming up. No Eagles that I could see there.

(googles a bit)

Playing in Mexico today? That wasn't on the website as of yesterday, so the Eagles.com website isn't complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I've many times heard 'touring members' (who aren't officially/legally members of the band) introduced as 'members of the band', so I wouldn't read too much into it.

However, if Eagles were to make Deacon (and Vince) official members of the band, then I think this would be a very reasonable thing to do.

Though, over on Eagles.com there are no more Eagles shows listed as upcoming. Is there anything announced? I must admit that I've not kept up with all the announcements. Lots of Tim and Joe solo, and a Don solo coming up. No Eagles that I could see there.

(googles a bit)

Playing in Mexico today? That wasn't on the website as of yesterday, so the Eagles.com website isn't complete.
    They are done for the year. Vince, Joe and Timothy have shows for the rest of the year. Only that show for the Hurricane Harvey people is all Don has, but he's basically done for the year. The Mexico thing was canceled. I don't know if its the whole thing or just Don.

They probably will announce more dates sometime in early 2018 if they are doing a mini tour for winter or spring time.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Thanks.