Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Joe doing Desperado (and Henley not liking it!)

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Joe doing Desperado (and Henley not liking it!)

Oh snap, it's blocked in the U.S.

Thank you for your scholarship though, UtW

Stuck on the Border

That's a nuisance. It's described as the "Late Show" and from 1989, so around the time Henley complained.

Possibly the problem was that the host said "We wanted to have you come on and do one of the all-time great Joe Walsh tunes... I want hear you sing Life in the Fast Lane." Then Joe says something to Dick Clark(?) that sounds like "Has anyone ever said, "I'll give it a 92, I like the lyrics.'" Then, "I love the beat but I don't like the lyrics." Although I'm not sure I got that exactly right, Joe was clearly showing a disrespect for the lyrics and that would annoy Henley and probably Glenn, too.
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 06-20-2016 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    That's a nuisance. It's described as the "Late Show" and from 1989, so around the time Henley complained.

Possibly the problem was that the host said "We wanted to have you come on and do one of the all-time great Joe Walsh tunes... I want hear you sing Life in the Fast Lane." Then Joe says something to Dick Clark(?) that sounds like "Has anyone ever said, "I'll give it a 92, I like the lyrics.'" Then, "I love the beat but I don't like the lyrics." Although I'm not sure I got that exactly right, Joe was clearly showing a disrespect for the lyrics and that would annoy Henley and probably Glenn, too.
    You have to remember though Joe was in a downward spiral during that time and he most likely had no intention of disrespect