Life's Been Good
    (Joe Walsh song)

Life in the Fast Lane

Desperado

Take It to the Limit

Rocky Mountain Way
    (Joe Walsh song)

Take It Easy

Joe's Life's Been Good was released in 1978. According to wikipedia, first on the FM Movie soundtrack (April) and then as a single and on the But Seriously Folks! album in May.

I'm pretty sure Walk Away would have been performed in 1977 on the Hotel California tour but not Pretty Maids All In A Row.

Default Re: 1977 DC concert

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Joe's Life's Been Good was released in 1978. According to wikipedia, first on the FM Movie soundtrack (April) and then as a single and on the But Seriously Folks! album in May.
    It could be possible Life's Been Good was already written and they performed it before it was released.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Which is fair enough but would be a very bizarre thing to do, regardless of whether it was being filmed. It would take Don, what, less than ten seconds to hop down to the front and bow with them? The way they practically evacuate the stage after Take It Easy similarly makes me think it wasn't the final song.
    I suspect that best of my love was the first "last" song. They play it say goodbye, take a bow and leave. Then they come back plug in and play take it easy and the other encore number. Then run off after because they already said goodbye and then head off to the after party.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I suspect that best of my love was the first "last" song. They play it say goodbye, take a bow and leave. Then they come back plug in and play take it easy and the other encore number. Then run off after because they already said goodbye and then head off to the after party.
    Which then brings the integrity of the setlist previously given into question.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Which is fair enough but would be a very bizarre thing to do, regardless of whether it was being filmed. It would take Don, what, less than ten seconds to hop down to the front and bow with them? The way they practically evacuate the stage after Take It Easy similarly makes me think it wasn't the final song.
    Good point. Perhaps they took several final bows through out the show and selected the best one. Don H may have been too sweaty or something after hitting those drums.

Given the mental state of many of the audience members, it may not have seemed too bizarre.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Just my 2 cents but, what I think they may have done is take the best songs from the two nights and but them on the dvd with no particular order. I have read that TIE was usually the last song done back then. It was when I saw them.
    I hope they put out a dvd of the whole concert and well as any other footage they have from the 70's.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Just my 2 cents but, what I think they may have done is take the best songs from the two nights and but them on the dvd with no particular order. I have read that TIE was usually the last song done back then. It was when I saw them.
    I hope they put out a dvd of the whole concert and well as any other footage they have from the 70's.
    Yeah when I saw them in 95, they opened with HC and closed with TIE. You couldn't have had better bookends for a concert....
    I really wasn't crazy about them ending HOTE with Desperado...I know it's a nice poignant song, but I like something upbeat to hit the road with.

It's common practice when you're filming a concert, if the group is playing two nights, to film both nights and pick the best performances/angles/banter, etc., and edit it into one "whole" concert that combines the best of. It's pretty evident in the "Lyin' Eyes" clip that it's from two different nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5KtEToyWrI

Check Glenn's hair at 0:53, then 1:00, then 1:05. Part of the time, its kind of framing his face on the right side, then at 1:05, his sunglasses are holding it back from his face. Plus, the lighting scheme is a little different. If you look again at 3:16, you can see his sunglasses have his hair pushed all the way back from his face and you can see his sideburns. He's playing guitar the whole time, so he didn't push it back.

And yes, it was SUCH a chore to closely scrutinize all 6 minutes of that video, looking carefully at Glenn. Dirty job. Someone has to do it.

Stuck on the Border

Pippin - Thank Your for doing the homework for all of us ! I know it was a tough job but someone had to do it.

The sacrifices we make for the sake of accuracy...