Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Classic Northwest 09/30/2017 at Safeco Field in Seattle, WA

Default Classic Northwest 09/30/2017 at Safeco Field in Seattle, WA

The band will be playing at Safeco Field in Seattle, WA on 09/30/2017 with the Doobie Brothers. Called the "Classic Northwest"

Per the band's Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/EaglesBand/...type=3&theater

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Classic Northwest 09/30/2017 at Safeco Field in Seattle, WA

Isn't Joe going to be playing at the Vegas House of Blues that night?

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I just saw Variety's article about it too and an official announcement is supposed to be made tomorrow. Wouldn't surprise me if more dates are coming too for other baseball stadiums.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Border Rebel

If they do Fenway, I'm there in a heartbeat.

Stuck on the Border

Y'all beat me to it !! The notification came up on my FB Page this morning. Well, we were all right that this is only the beginning. Don's comment about the West/East maybe being their last concerts was about as iron clad as they were done due to Glenn's passing. Based on comments I read from the FB post, most people can't wait for them to come to their town.
    Dawn - thanks for the article ! I had read it long ago and was interesting to read again. I'll bet Irving has not changed much. Maybe refined his skills some.

SIDE NOTE: The weather here in NY/NJ has been hot and humid as hell for the last 1 1/2 weeks. The temps have been in the mid to high 90's with a heat index over 100 degrees. Who ever goes to the East this coming weekend needs to take care and dress for the heat. Also, our local NY newscasts have begun making announcements about massive security checks and to get to the ball park early. NY Police take security VERY SERIOUSLY and are, I feel, the best in the business. You can go to the park and feel very safe. They do not let anything by them. That also goes for NY/NJ Port Authority Police and NJ Transit Police. For those who will go by train/subway(#7 to Citi Field) be more concerned about delays than any kind of security problems. I take a train to work every day and feel safe.

Stuck on the Border

It looks like Azoff has started a new "Classic" brand. Possibly Steely Dan were part of the plan before Walter Becker missed Classic West. This is another 50,000 seater which is quite a change from the HotE arena tours. It's one way of maintaining income while reducing the strain of touring. This stadium sounds pretty good with its umbrella canopy.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

So like I suspected my family and I talked about it over my Mom's birthday lunch today as once I saw the news I had to tell them. She's very excited and hopes they do come to Ohio if there is a new tour coming like I do, but my brother also talked her/us into considering Pittsburgh incase they play at the Pirates stadium (although he'd prefer to go back to Wrigley in Chicago and take us along as he's a Cubs fan LOL). My Dad's still surprised about all this but he'd too would go. None of us were able to see the Eagles originally (though we planned to in the early 2000s but that never worked out) but all of us are ok with going if they do come closer especially after seeing the vids of West. Now just have to wait and see if they are going to play close to us.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

They go to LA and now Seattle for the West. Can't get any luck for SF at AT&T Park, which seats 42k people. I think the Doobie Brothers, Journey, Santana, Tower of Power, and the Steve Miller Band did something similar last year at AT&T where it was like a fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Isn't Joe going to be playing at the Vegas House of Blues that night?
    Yeah - in fact, as of today, they're still selling tickets for it. I'm assuming the HOB show is going to be called off, but they better get their act together!

https://concerts1.livenation.com/event/170052C861590B54

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Talk about unprofessional!

If I was looking forward to that HOB show, and it got called off because of a "Eagles" show (that I would despise), I'd be one mad person. Hopefully they'll make it right by those ticket holders.