Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees

Neil Schon sounds so sweet about wanting Steve to sing with them. He was like, "I'll tune my guitar down to C!"

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

It was reported that Steve Perry had agreed to perform one song with Journey. Then it flip flopped back and forth all day. He will, he won't. So, who the hell knows ? It would be nice if he did. If he didn't, oh well.

I'm reading Ultimate Classic Rock facebook page. They said Steve is on stage to accept the award, but I haven't heard if he will still sing. I guess we will know in a few.

At this moment, Steve is talking.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I just watched a video from periscope. Well it looks like he didn't sing which I'm not surprised. I guess we're lucky he did decided to show up, but I just wished his darn differences aside and freaking sing with them for just one night. His former bandmates didn't mind, but he didn't want to. What a letdown, but I really didn't enjoy the current singer. I definitely wouldn't pay to see them.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

That's a bummer he didn't sing. But I guess if he's not feeling confident about his voice, the last thing he wants is to be compared to the younger fake Steve Perry.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I saw a video of Steve from I think a year or two ago. Steve sounded good. He definitely doesn't have that voice anymore, but he was ok.

I was thinking about Don's voice. Even though he still have raspy sounding tenor voice he had since the beginning, you know his voice has changed. Don had to drop keys to a lot of his song(and he stills hit those hight notes I still don't know how he does it). Don knows his voice will be gone one day.

To me. I don't care if you drop one or two keys to your songs, as long as you sound, I will still like you.

To tell the truth. I'm a fan Steve Perry era not after. For years I didn't like them, but I enjoyed their music.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm glad Steve was there and just saw some of the footage this morning on "Good Morning America". I figured he wouldn't sing either but so nice to see him there and that he spoke. I actually saw Journey in concert not too long after they got their newer lead singer and I really liked it and he did sound like Steve.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee of Rush induct Yes into the R & R HOF:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyOm...TTDtJ3U5pJC7Fs
    Beautiful tribute, very moving.

Oh my, the acceptance speeches from the Yes members past and present: hilarious, kooky, raunchy - and that's just Rick Wakeman who could have been a stand-up comedian if he wasn't such a brilliant musician. Can you believe he's a born-again Christian?! I'm glad Jesus left his wacky sense of humor intact.

I got tears in my eyes when Jon said it was 49 years to the day that he and Chris Squire met. Towards the end of the video segment as the guys are walking off-stage, you can see Chris' widow Scottie and their young daughter Xilan.
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 04-08-2017 at 11:19 AM.

Stuck on the Border

The way I see it Anderson and Wakeman were desperately trying to make it an ARW show - also at the "press gathering" offstage. Steve Howe deserves better. Steve, to me, is the one who still has that Yes spirit and really can play the classic Yes music faithfully. ARW keep bashing the current official Yes and that's immature. Even at this event, Anderson spoke first and then gave the mike to Trevor Rabin. Trevor was going to give the mike to (surprise!!!) Rick Wakeman, but Steve encouraged Alan White to go there instead and thankfully he did. ARW seem to be all self-hype the moment. Steve & co. play the classic material MUCH better.

P.S. my fellow Americans: the ceremony will be broadcast on HBO on April 29. Drat! I need to find someone who has premium cable...