Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Irving Azoff Personal and/or Professional News

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Irving Azoff News

I briefly caught something on the news today about Live Nation doing away with some fees this summer on Wednesday's???? Didn't catch the whole story and haven't bothered to look it up yet. Know it's just going to get my blood pressure up anyways.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Did you guys know that Irving is from my hometown of Danville, IL?
    We both graduated from good ole' DHS, he years before me of course .
    The maintainence man where I work told me that he went to high school with Irving,
    but did not run in the same circles.
    He was able to tell me where Irving lived and I snapped a picture of it today.

It happens to be for sale if any of you want to buy it!

http://www.coldwellbanker.com/servle...perty&brand=CB
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I might could afford one of the flowers...not the scrubs. But they would have to include insured delivery in the price. I'd go as high as $.75

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I briefly caught something on the news today about Live Nation doing away with some fees this summer on Wednesday's???? Didn't catch the whole story and haven't bothered to look it up yet. Know it's just going to get my blood pressure up anyways.
    I saw that too...on another note, my kids like Miley Cyrus and we saw where she is doing paperless tickets to put the hammer on those horrible people who buy up all the tickets and re-sell them at 150% profit - cheers to her for that...we can only hope that everyone else will catch on and do this too...

now...back to Irving - nice home...Danville is familiar to me, but I can't think of why...it'll come to me...

~Tonja~

What a lovely home!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Here's a recent article about Ticketmaster attempting to buy up the major scalpers and incorporate them into their network in order to get a piece of the pie to divide up amongst itself, the venues... and the acts. The deal fell apart, though, and is no longer necessary if the Live Nation merger goes through and they are able to completely control the marketplace.

Read more here:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125141597320965247.html

Timothy gets a passing mention. I'll snip that part here for the curious who don't wish to read the whole article.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall Street Journal
    Under the plan, the consortium led by Ticketmaster and its then-parent, IAC/InterActiveCorp., was to acquire the six regional ticket brokers for as much as $25 million apiece and give them seats on the new venture's board. (Ticketmaster was spun off last year by IAC and subsequently acquired a majority stake in Mr. Azoff's Front Line Management, installing him as CEO of the combined entity. A spokeswoman for IAC declined to comment.)

Mr. Azoff and the other executives emphasized "how big it was going to be, how it was going to crush Live Nation," recalls a person who attended. "We'd go forward and make lots and lots of money." At a dinner later, Timothy B. Schmit, a member of the Eagles, one of Mr. Azoff's longtime management clients, stopped by.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

In this weeks issue of People mag there are pictures of the Khloe Kardashian/Lamar Odom wedding. The label on one of the pictures read "The nuptials took place at the home of music mogul Irving Azoff, a Kardashian family friend. It looks like a garden wedding.

Wow, that's a surprise! These folks are rich enough to get married anywhere - why use somebody else's house?

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I would say that Irving would probably have a home and garden that is the best that money can buy and they probably didn't have to pay him anything to use his home if he is a family friend.

Wouldn't you just love to see Irving's house and garden? And all the Eagles' homes too for that matter!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.